That’s how much a copy of Detective Comics #27 just sold for, in a phone bid, at Heritage Auctions.
Bleeding Cool covered the planned auction of this comic featuring the first appearance of Batman, a few weeks ago. Bought for $600 in 1960, it was expected to sell for around $300,000 but in the light of a copy of Action Comics #1, the first appearance of Superman, selling for a straight $1,000,000 this week, clearly a Batman Vs Superman grudge match was in the offing. And we know how that always goes.
What’s remarkable is that until this week, no comic had ever broken the half million barrier. This week two comics have broken eight figures. Where the hell is this recession everyone’s been going on about? Can I have my old job back yet?
Of course, there is also a Action Comics #1 out there in an even better condition than the one that just sold out there…
$2,000,000 for an 8.5 anyone?
- When Alan Moore Talked About DC Comics And Watchmen Sequels…. Back In 2010 - November 22, 2017
- Time Is Broken In The DC Universe, Batman Says So (SPOILERS) - November 22, 2017
- Paul Weller In Today’s Invincible Iron Man #594 (SPOILERS) - November 22, 2017
- Where Do The Marvel Universe Think The Fantastic Four Are? Iron Man And Moon Girl Spoilers…. - November 22, 2017
- Kick-Ass #1 And Metal #6 On Front And Back Of Next Week’s Diamond Previews Catalogue - November 22, 2017