That’s how much a copy of Detective Comics #27 just sold for, in a phone bid, at Heritage Auctions.
Bleeding Cool covered the planned auction of this comic featuring the first appearance of Batman, a few weeks ago. Bought for $600 in 1960, it was expected to sell for around $300,000 but in the light of a copy of Action Comics #1, the first appearance of Superman, selling for a straight $1,000,000 this week, clearly a Batman Vs Superman grudge match was in the offing. And we know how that always goes.
What’s remarkable is that until this week, no comic had ever broken the half million barrier. This week two comics have broken eight figures. Where the hell is this recession everyone’s been going on about? Can I have my old job back yet?
Of course, there is also a Action Comics #1 out there in an even better condition than the one that just sold out there…
$2,000,000 for an 8.5 anyone?
- Comic Store In Your Future – How Did Venom #150 Sell For You? - June 26, 2017
- Hatchet Gets An Ongoing Series From American Mythology September 2017 Solicits - June 26, 2017
- Fried Pie Comics Covers For Dark Nights: Metal, Moonstruck And, Yes, Robotech - June 26, 2017
- Ch-Ch-Changes: The Unsolicited Wasp - June 26, 2017
- Saying Goodbye To James Hagemann, Who Helped Make My First Comic A Reality - June 26, 2017