The Kansas City copy of Action Comics #1 CGC 8.0, unrestored has just sold to an unnamed buyer for $1,000,000, reported by the ComicConnect comic sales website. The boys at GeekChicDaily were going gaga today of the likelihood of a copy of Detective Comics #27 going for a record breaking auction price of $300,000 later in the month. But while they were caught up in Batmania, another comic was selling for over three times that. The 1938 comic features the first appearance of Superman by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster.
This the second highest graded condition copy (edit to note – this was true when this post was written in 2010. It is no longer true) of the first appearance of Superman in existence. With an 8.5 rival version doing the round, could it be that the million dollar record might not last too long after all?
- Superman Day
- Superman #1 CGC 5.5 Sells For Record $507,500
- Milwaukee Bucks Owner Marc Lasry Sells Wonder Woman #1 CGC 9.0 'Solicitation Copy' For Record $291,100
- Action Comics #1 CGC 9.0 Sells For Record $3,207,852.00
- The First Comic To Break The $2 Million Barrier: Nicolas Cage Action Comics 1 Sells For Record $2,161,000
- Life Is Strange #1 and Bloodshot: Rising Spirit #1 Go to Second Prints the Day Before Publishing - November 13, 2018
- The Conservative Councillor of Camden Who Paid Tribute to Stan Lee - November 13, 2018
- Talking to Kieron Gillen About Peter Cannon: Thunderbolt and DIE, With Wine and Cheese (VIDEO) - November 13, 2018
- Talking To – And About – Stan Lee - November 13, 2018
- Jonathan Ross, Correcting the BBC Over Stan Lee on Newsnight Last Night - November 13, 2018