The Kansas City copy of Action Comics #1 CGC 8.0, unrestored has just sold to an unnamed buyer for $1,000,000, reported by the ComicConnect comic sales website. The boys at GeekChicDaily were going gaga today of the likelihood of a copy of Detective Comics #27 going for a record breaking auction price of $300,000 later in the month. But while they were caught up in Batmania, another comic was selling for over three times that. The 1938 comic features the first appearance of Superman by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster.
This the second highest graded condition copy (edit to note – this was true when this post was written in 2010. It is no longer true) of the first appearance of Superman in existence. With an 8.5 rival version doing the round, could it be that the million dollar record might not last too long after all?
- Superman Day
- Superman #1 CGC 5.5 Sells For Record $507,500
- Milwaukee Bucks Owner Marc Lasry Sells Wonder Woman #1 CGC 9.0 'Solicitation Copy' For Record $291,100
- Action Comics #1 CGC 9.0 Sells For Record $3,207,852.00
- The First Comic To Break The $2 Million Barrier: Nicolas Cage Action Comics 1 Sells For Record $2,161,000
- Blackstar Warrior Gets an Explosive Trailer From Brown Sugar - June 23, 2018
- Nick Derington Drawing Brian Bendis’ Batman for Walmart Exclusive DC Comics - June 23, 2018
- 10 Things We Can Tell You About Ta-Nehisi Coates’ Captain America #1 With Leinil Yu - June 23, 2018
- UPS Strike Off, Comic Stores Spared Disruption - June 23, 2018
- Heavy Metal’s Taarna Gets a Funko POP, Exclusive at SDCC 2018 - June 23, 2018