Earlier this week, Bleeding Cool reported that the three main cinema chains in the UK were boycotting the release of Tim Burton’s Alice In Wonderland in proteest at Disney’s decision to shorten the cinema-exclusive window from 17 weeks, to 12 weeks when the DVD will be released.
This happened last year with Pixar’s Up, and Disney backed down, delaying the DVD release.
This time Disney aren’t backing down so easily. And Cineworld have crumbled, scheduling dates and performances across their network of cinemas. Odeon and Vue are still holding strong – if this goes to the wire for all parties, it could see Cineworld, the smaller of the three chains, getting a massive Alice-sized boost in terms of audiences.
Glugging down the “Drink Me” bottle, as it were.
Something Vue and Odeon would be very reluctant to allow happen…
- Thunderbolt and Lightning, Very, Very Frightening at MCM London Comic Con Tonight - May 26, 2018
- What Might Grant Morrison and Liam Sharp’s Green Lantern Be Like? - May 26, 2018
- Tom Ellis Sang to #SaveLucifer at MCM London Comic Con (VIDEO) - May 26, 2018
- 63 Cosplay Pics from MCM London Comic Con 2018 - May 26, 2018
- Comic Store in Your Future: The Return of Diamond’s Secret Shopper - May 26, 2018