Captain America. Iron Man. Thor. Spider-Man. Wolverine. Basically anyone who’s had/having a film out.
And the big bad guy for these avengers of the Heroic Age to fight? It’s Kang, folks!
I feel like I’m ten again.
In other Marvel solicitation news… There are a lot of those glowy goldeny Heroic Age variants about… bit to sickly sparkly Twilighty for me. Heroic Age Magazine? Astonishing Spider-Man/Wolverine is a cosmic book? Astonishing X-Men goes mutant hunting in Africa. Looks like Harery Osborn is taking on his dad’s armour in Amazing Spider-Man Presents: American Son from Brian Reed and Philip Briones. Does Galacta: Daughter Of Galactus sound bad? Yes. Does it sound better once you realise it’s written by Adam Warren? Hell yes. Rescue, by Kelly Sue DeConnick with that elusive artist known only by the initials TBA sees Gwyneth Paltrow Pepper Potts get her own, terribly feminine, Iron Suit. As predicted Antony Johnston has been softened yp for solo Marvel status, with Daredevil: Cage Match with Sean Chen. Marvel punt out 1602 #1, Alias #1, Marvel Zombies #1 and Agents Of Atlas #1 for $1 each.
And is this the new age of the Marvel anthology comic? The Many Loves Of The Amazing Spider-Man (What, no Chalky?), Girl Comics #3, Avengers Assemble #1, Age Of Heroes #1, Enter The Heroic Age #1, Origins Of MArvel Comics #1,
And if you preordered X-Men Nation X from Amazon…. well done. The price has gone up a bit now sadly… Anyway these are a few of my favourite Marvel solicited covers…
- ‘Bout Time … Deadpool Meets Gwenpool - January 22, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 22nd January 2017 – “I Ordered Really Low On Monsters Unleashed But It Wasn’t Low Enough” - January 22, 2017
- So Why Were DC Comics April 2017 Solicitations Delayed A Week Anyway? - January 22, 2017
- Warren Ellis, On Whether Nazis Should Be Punched In The Face, Or Not - January 22, 2017
- Lying In The Gutters – 22nd January 2017 – Supergirl Grabs Bleeding Cool By The Traffic - January 22, 2017