Looks like someone’s thought to give Marvel, Ed Brubaker and Captain America #602 a little bit of a breather. Boom! Studios, as part of their new BoomTown imprint, are publishing Repuglicans!, a series of caricatures of well known US Republican politicians, with commentary for each, in the manner of a 1950 B-Movie.
The press release states;
Pete Von Sholly and Steve Tatham bring you a completely unfair and not balanced take on Republican Party leaders and apparatchiks. Sarah Palin, John McCain, Glenn Beck and others all unveiled as vampires, freaks, and zombies.
Oh right wing blogosphere? Yours for the taking, I believe.
I once wrote the copy for IDW’s George Bush And The Weapons Of Mass Distraction trading card set and, while clearly a biased publishing decision, I took care to skewer some from the other side as well. This appears to be even more one sided.
Look for Boom Town to follow up with an equivalent for the Democrats to avoid allegations of bias – Demoncrats? Democreatures? Democretins? Democruds?
- Fantastic Four #9 and More Stolen from House Of Secrets in Burbank - May 20, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 20th May 2018 – ‘Readers Realized There Was No Wedding in the Wedding Special’ - May 20, 2018
- Bob Layton Just Discovered He Created a Character in Deadpool 2 - May 20, 2018
- The Rev Michael Curry Vs Princess Bride’s Peter Cook’s Royal Wedding Address (VIDEO) - May 20, 2018
- Lying In The Gutters – 20th May 2018 – Flamewars and Lawsuits - May 20, 2018