Arad is best known for his work at Marvel Comics, intimately involved in the movie side, before setting up his own company. Wizard’s Gareb Shamus also considers him a mentor.
Oh the questions I could ask…
Avi, describe your relationship with Bill Jemas at Marvel and how you managed to oust him?
Just how much money did you make bringing Marvel out of bankruptcy? How about the Disney buyout? And can you spare five bucks till Tuesday?
You’ve been credited as producer on every Marvel movie over the last decade. What exactly do you do on each film – and what’s the difference do you make being a producer on Elektra, being a producer on Spider-Man 2 or being a producer on Iron Man?
What led to the X-Statix Princess Diana issue being bowlderised and what was your involvement?
Also, what was your reaction to George Clooney pulling out of playing Nick Fury do to the way he was portrayed in Garth Ennis’s Fury comic?
What was your involvement in the bowlderising of the artwork in the Shanna series by Frank Cho?
You know, that kind of thing.
Of course, I’m not going to Wizard World Comic Con Anaheim.
Are any of you?
- Two Meta-Looks at Comics From Marvel and DC This Week - October 19, 2018
- Archie Comics Cancels Their Marvel Digest Volumes - October 19, 2018
- Marvel Comics Challenge Another Punisher Trademark Application by Militia Group - October 19, 2018
- So Why Are There No Comic Book Unions Then? - October 19, 2018
- Jim Steranko, Ron Frenz, George Perez, Barry Kitson and Alan Davis on The Liberty Brigade - October 19, 2018