In the Art category, the online comic book portflio sevice DeviantArt (@deviantart) gets nominated. Marvel Entertainment (@Marvel) get nomionated in the Brand section. Neil Gaiman (@neilhimself) and Warren Ellis (@warrenellis) get tapped for literature.
Other geek-friendly candidates include Firefly, Buffy and Dr Horrible actor Nathan Fillion (@NathanFillion) for Celebrity, renaissance man Steven Fry (@stevenfry) for Celebrity and Humor, MythBuster co-host Adam Savage (@donttrythis) for Science, This Geek (@thinkgeek) for Customer Service, MythBusters Official (@MythBusters) and TrueBloodHBO (@TrueBloodHBO) for Entertainment.
The winners will be announced at the Shorty Awards Ceremony, March 3rd at The Times Center in the NYT Tower on Times Square in New York.
- Marvel Comics to Relaunch Captain America #1 On the Fourth Of July, 2018 - February 22, 2018
- Can We Expect the Ta-Nehisi Coates Captain America News Next Week? - February 22, 2018
- The First of the Exclusive ComicsPRO Variants Hit eBay, from $10 to $50 - February 22, 2018
- Amazing Spider-Man #794 Goes to Third Printing - February 22, 2018
- DC Comics Makes Aquaman LED Signs for Comic Stores - February 22, 2018