The movie Red, based on the Warren Ellis and Cully Hamner comic book is filming in Toronto right now. Starring the likes of Morgan Freeman, Helen Mirren, Bruce Willis, John Malkovich, Richard Dreyfuss, all that. And, as those who’ve read the comic know, it’s a guns-a-blazing action adventure.
A little bit too much action it seems.
Because shooting last night in Toronto had a little too much, well, shooting for local residents liking. And both seeing and hearing gunplay on the Keele & Sheppard streets, an area that has suffered gang-related gun crime, several vigilant curtain twitchers called the cops.
Who turned up, arrested Morgan Freeman and shipped him off to some off-the-books gulag. Well, obviously not. But that sounds quite a fun idea for a film too, doesn’t it?
They did turn up with sirens blaring though, look at a few official documents, ate some on-set doughnuts, and left asking Bruce Willis to turn it down a little.
Funny, that’s exactly what the director had just said moments before…
- ComicsPRO Industry Awards Announce Nominees, and Honour Dave Hawksworth - January 19, 2018
- Daredevil Season 3 Filming in Manhattan on Monday - January 19, 2018
- DC Comics’ The Silencer #1 by John Romita, Released Early on Apple iTunes - January 19, 2018
- Fifty Comic Stores That Have Closed Since January 2017 - January 19, 2018
- Free Beer Given Away in London to Promote Kingsman: The Golden Circle on DVD/Blu-ray/Download - January 19, 2018