The movie Red, based on the Warren Ellis and Cully Hamner comic book is filming in Toronto right now. Starring the likes of Morgan Freeman, Helen Mirren, Bruce Willis, John Malkovich, Richard Dreyfuss, all that. And, as those who’ve read the comic know, it’s a guns-a-blazing action adventure.
A little bit too much action it seems.
Because shooting last night in Toronto had a little too much, well, shooting for local residents liking. And both seeing and hearing gunplay on the Keele & Sheppard streets, an area that has suffered gang-related gun crime, several vigilant curtain twitchers called the cops.
Who turned up, arrested Morgan Freeman and shipped him off to some off-the-books gulag. Well, obviously not. But that sounds quite a fun idea for a film too, doesn’t it?
They did turn up with sirens blaring though, look at a few official documents, ate some on-set doughnuts, and left asking Bruce Willis to turn it down a little.
Funny, that’s exactly what the director had just said moments before…
- Transformers: Lost Light #8 Features Trans Women Transformers - July 27, 2017
- Second Printings For Generation Gone, Generations: Hulks, Snotgirl, Shirtless Bear Fighter, And Edge Of Venomverse - July 27, 2017
- Mark Buckingham And Steve Rude Replace Nick Bradshaw And Klaus Janson On ‘Manhunter Vs Sandman’ - July 27, 2017
- What Else Can You Find In That Marvel Book Previews Catalogue For Early 2018? - July 27, 2017
- A Few DC Covers You May Or May Not Have Seen For August, From Cho To Portacio To Albuquerque - July 27, 2017