FilmWatch: Bill Murray has confirmed he’ll be in Ghostbusters 3. Ish. In a bullet point-style quasi- interview with the British newspaper, The Mail on Sunday, Murray says;
I said to them, ‘I’ll do it if you kill me off in the first reel.’ So now they are going to have me as a ghost in the film.
FilmWatch2: So not only with the actor who plays Captain America have to be an all-singing, all-dancing American hero – he will literally have to be singing and dancing. Calling John Barrowman? Calling John Barrowman? And yes, of course the big bad will be the Red Skull. Was this really a surprise/revelation to anyone? Chud lets us know the movie will feature The Invaders in a major way, a blatant attempt to get a bit of international action going on.
LibraryWatch: Tomorrow, from 10am to 6pm, Phil Yeh – one of the earliest American graphic novelists and the journalist who uncovered the penniless plight of Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, will be giving a workshop on adapting graphic novels to film and television and the Toa Payoh Public Library in Singapore. Tickets are $280 each. Hmm. Or you could just watch Catwoman and do the opposite of everything that film does.
FilmWatch3: LatinoReview reports the rights to a movie version of Joe Hill’s Locke & Key shifting from Dimension Films to Dreamworks with Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci producing.
FilmWatch4: Dana Offenbach and Mark W. Campbell, creating new indie producer CinemaStreet, and have nabbed the rights to graphic novel The Pale Horsemen, from Larry Meistrich’s Nehst Studios. The movie will be directed by the author, and Underworld director, Kevin Grevioux. Course, it still hasn’t been published…
LocalWatch: Pittsburgh’s comic book culture is celebrated in the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, even if the city’s name is misspelled in the article title. I think more shops are selling copies of Chase Variant in Pittsburgh than in any other city! Go Pittsburgh!
- Solicits for DC Ink and Zoom Titles Mera, Harley Quinn: Breaking Glass, and DC Super Hero Girls: Search for Atlantis - March 18, 2018
- Brian Michael Bendis’s Creator-Owned Comics to Cost Less from DC Than Marvel - March 18, 2018
- 8 More Absolute/Omnibus Books from DC Comics, from Flashpoint to Before Watchmen - March 18, 2018
- Adapting Madness – Bringing H.P. Lovecraft’s World to Life - March 18, 2018
- Lying in the Gutters – 18th March 2018 – DC Comics Collect Their Thoughts - March 18, 2018