Spider-Girl is a curio of Marvel publishing history. Created by ex-Marvel Editor-In-Chief Tom DeFalco with artist Ron Frenz, she is a spinoff character from a What If issue, set in her own future alternate universe (with a few other short lived companion books), she’s the daughter of a future Peter Parker and Mary Jane, keeping the Spider kite flying.
Her publishing history has also been as peculiar, a series that has straddled the line of cancellation a number of times, with many an appeal to keep her book selling, but is the longest runing series with a female lead in Marvel’s history. Her last series was cancelled last year, with back-up strips, anthology strips and digital comics intended to take its place.
But it’s just not as good as the real thing is it?
Well, I can reveal that Mayday Parker, Spider-Girl, is returning in her own monthly title again. Expect an official announcement any day now.
And in other Spider-news, it looks like that might not be the only Spider book back. Steve Wacker has hinted a Kurt Busiek/Pat Oliffe title in the offing. Busiek/Oliffe are best known for the Untold Tales Of Spider-Man series set around the early apparances of Spider-Man, and sold at a price busting 99 cents.
On tye CBR forums, a fan suggested returning Untold Tales to show the new continuity as a result of One More Day, just how Osbornes came back from the dead, how marriages never happened and all the little wrinkles these changes may cause.
Spider-Man editor Steve Wacker replied;
Not exactly what you’re suggesting but there should be Busiek-Ollife news soon.
One More Untold Tale, anyone?
- The Siegel and Shuster Lost Superman Story that Marv Wolfman Rescued as a Boy - January 23, 2018
- Thanos #15, Avengers #677 and #678 Go to Second Print Before Even Going on Sale - January 23, 2018
- Venom to Get an “Epic” in the Fall of 2018… Another One? - January 23, 2018
- Image Comics Solicits for April 2018: Launching New Series Analog, Isola, Crude, The Dead Hand, and Skyward - January 23, 2018
- Ralph Macchio Returns to the Avengers for the Infinity Shards! - January 23, 2018