I remember reading (and enjoying) this Evan Dorkin comic, coming off his excellent Bill And Ted comic book (now available in glorious black and white from Slave Labor)
But clearly that front page gag must have stuck in my subconscious mind and was regurgitated a few months ago when naming…
Apologies to Evan… and thanks to the Bendis Board for pointing it out!
In Swipe File we present two or more images that resemble each other to some degree. They may be homages, parodies, ironic appropriations, coincidences or works of the lightbox. We trust you, the reader, to make that judgment yourself. If you are unable to do so, please return your eyes to their maker before any further damage is done. The Swipe File doesn’t judge, it’s interested more in the process of creation, how work influences other work, how new work comes from old, and sometimes how the same ideas emerge simultaneously, as if their time has just come. The Swipe File was named after the advertising industry habit where writers and artist collect images and lines they admire to inspire them in their work. It was swiped from the Comic Journal who originally ran this column, as well as the now defunct Swipe Of The Week website.
- A Comic Show: The Wedding Joke! - June 20, 2018
- 2 Grant Morrison Stories in Ahoy Comics’ First Solicits for September 2018 - June 20, 2018
- Is Harvey Dent a Confirmed DC Comics Bisexual Character Now? - June 20, 2018
- Alan Moore’s Jerusalem in Paperback: Liveright September 2018 Solicits - June 20, 2018
- William the Last and Mobster Graveyard Launch in Antarctic Press September 2018 Solicits - June 20, 2018