PaperWatch: The Guardian ask if the existence of Kick Ass will make Spider-Man 4 redundnant – and describe Kick Ass, rather wonderfully as
Matthew Vaughan’s forthcoming adaptation of the little-known John Romita Jr comic book
Which makes a nice change, no?
UniWatch: Cambridge University launches a new institure to study children’s literature, everything from Victorian classics to computer games, comic books to… Twilight. See? Now Twilight is destroying Cambridge!
But what headline do The Times go with?
IndiaWatch: Just as in the US, film makers have found comic books a a valuable, easy and cheap way to express ideas, so the Bollywood market is waking up to the same possibilities in the Indian comic market. Publishing house Westland Limited is talking to filmmakers Anurag Kashyap and R. Balakrishnan to develop a series of graphic novels.
I wonder if they’ll be late.
WildWatch: Artist Tim Seeley has been sharing some of his thoughts and designs of upcoming Wildstorm characters on the Wildstorm blog, The Bleed.
He tells us;
Maxine is gonna be my diesel robot Suicide Girl. My biggest Ladytron pet peeve? A lot of artists don’t get her mouth right. The metal thing IS her bottom lip!
But what has she got under her kilt, Tim?
- What Will Heroes in Crisis’s Shocking Opener Be? [Potential Spoilers] - June 17, 2018
- DC Creators Will Be Able to Use Shazam, Legion, and JSA Whether or Not Doomsday Clock Has Finished - June 17, 2018
- Cloak and Dagger Classified Confirmed as Digital-First Series – Luke Cage and Jessica Jones to Follow? - June 17, 2018
- Lying In The Gutters – 17th June 2018 – Geoff Johns is Mister Ex… - June 17, 2018
- Top 100 Most-Ordered Comics and Graphic Novels in May 2018 – Action Comics #1000 Came 23rd - June 17, 2018