Okay that’s the spoiler space over.
Now we knew there was a dead Avenger coming. The solicitations have been full of it, dire warnings about an upcoming Avenger death. Something called Fallen, it’s name ready to be changed on release of this important twist, and possibly the point on which the Marvel Universe turns, and heads towards unicorns and rainbows in The Heroic Age.
But I didn’t realise it would be a Dark Avenger. Didn’t Moore do this in WildCATS?
Anyway, this is the way Ares, God Of War dies in Siege #2. Not with a bang but with a ripper.
What this means for the new Ares series, who knows. Maybe it’s a retrospective. Maybe it’s a solicitation red herring.
But is this just me or is this a scene more expected in the likes of Black Summer, No Hero, Bratpack, Maximortal or Marvelman? Even The Authority never went quite this far.
Now… anyone for spaghetti bolognaise?
- George Pérez “Doing Great, Feeling Much Better” - April 30, 2017
- Entering The Spill Zone With Scott Westerfeld Ahead Of Free Comic Book Day - April 29, 2017
- Ten Thoughts About Doctor Who: On Thin Ice – From Black Jesus To Punching Nazis - April 29, 2017
- Comic Creators At Ru Paul’s Drag Con, In Los Angeles This Weekend - April 29, 2017
- Separated At Birth – Moonstruck And Brave Chef Brianna? - April 29, 2017