Okay that’s the spoiler space over.
Now we knew there was a dead Avenger coming. The solicitations have been full of it, dire warnings about an upcoming Avenger death. Something called Fallen, it’s name ready to be changed on release of this important twist, and possibly the point on which the Marvel Universe turns, and heads towards unicorns and rainbows in The Heroic Age.
But I didn’t realise it would be a Dark Avenger. Didn’t Moore do this in WildCATS?
Anyway, this is the way Ares, God Of War dies in Siege #2. Not with a bang but with a ripper.
What this means for the new Ares series, who knows. Maybe it’s a retrospective. Maybe it’s a solicitation red herring.
But is this just me or is this a scene more expected in the likes of Black Summer, No Hero, Bratpack, Maximortal or Marvelman? Even The Authority never went quite this far.
Now… anyone for spaghetti bolognaise?
- Who Watches The Watchmen? Geoff Johns Does, At San Diego Comic-Con With The First Panels Of ‘Doomsday Clock’ - July 20, 2017
- Watch Halle Berry Chug A Glass Of Whisky At San Diego Comic-Con’s ‘Kingsman’ Panel - July 20, 2017
- The Props Of Blade Runner At San Diego Comic-Con – With A Surprise Appearance From Adam Savage - July 20, 2017
- Steven Moffat And Sue Vertue Talk Sherlock Holmes And Manga At San Diego Comic-Con - July 20, 2017
- Jakks Pacific’s San Diego Comic-Con Panel In 61 Photos – Will We Get A Nightwing Toy Now? - July 20, 2017