We mentioned this yesterday, but it seems that Frédéric Mitterand, nephew of former french president François Mitterand
(himself a comic fan) and France’s current minister of culture, was at Angoulême this weekend. And massively charmed the folks of Angoulême.
And while there has been some doubt about the future of the festival (attendance was down this year – though still double that of San Diego), Mitterand also gave his word that Angoulême will continue and it considers it a massively important part of both French culture and commerce.
François Mitterand was also born, and is buried, very close by. He visited the festival in the eighties and was a great admirer of the form.
Maybe we can get Obama to C2E2? Get his daughters to cosplay?
- The Aftermath of Universal FanCon’s “Postponement” - April 21, 2018
- Selling in a Showrooming World at Diamond Retailer Summit 2018 (VIDEO) - April 21, 2018
- ComiXology Bestseller List, 21st April 2018 – When My Little Pony Beats Up Weapon H - April 21, 2018
- How Much Are Those Retailer Exclusive Action Comics #1000 Covers Selling For? - April 21, 2018
- Main Street Marketing on a Shoestring Budget at Diamond Summit 2018 (VIDEO) - April 21, 2018