We mentioned this yesterday, but it seems that Frédéric Mitterand, nephew of former french president François Mitterand
(himself a comic fan) and France’s current minister of culture, was at Angoulême this weekend. And massively charmed the folks of Angoulême.
And while there has been some doubt about the future of the festival (attendance was down this year – though still double that of San Diego), Mitterand also gave his word that Angoulême will continue and it considers it a massively important part of both French culture and commerce.
François Mitterand was also born, and is buried, very close by. He visited the festival in the eighties and was a great admirer of the form.
Maybe we can get Obama to C2E2? Get his daughters to cosplay?
- Will Marvel’s New Young Guns Move the Needle? - January 22, 2018
- 20 Previews of Free Comic Book Day 2018 Titles, from Barrier to Relay to 2000AD Reneged - January 22, 2018
- Frankensteining Marvel Comics Solicits for April 2018 - January 22, 2018
- Gendercrunching Quarterly, Autumn 2017: Marvel and DC Comics - January 22, 2018
- 22-Page Preview of Blue Baron #1 with Ron Frenz and Sal Buscema – Another 64-Page $3.99 Sitcomic - January 22, 2018