We mentioned this yesterday, but it seems that Frédéric Mitterand, nephew of former french president François Mitterand
(himself a comic fan) and France’s current minister of culture, was at Angoulême this weekend. And massively charmed the folks of Angoulême.
And while there has been some doubt about the future of the festival (attendance was down this year – though still double that of San Diego), Mitterand also gave his word that Angoulême will continue and it considers it a massively important part of both French culture and commerce.
François Mitterand was also born, and is buried, very close by. He visited the festival in the eighties and was a great admirer of the form.
Maybe we can get Obama to C2E2? Get his daughters to cosplay?
- Glitchwatch on Amazon Kindle DC Super Hero Girls: Out of the Bottle - July 18, 2018
- WonderCon Statistics at San Diego Comic-Con 2018 - July 18, 2018
- Deadpool Toilet Seat Covers from SDCC Hotels Are Being Sold for $40 Each on eBay - July 18, 2018
- Joshua Middleton’s Cover to Batgirl #25 as Tom Derenick Joins the Team - July 18, 2018
- Doomsday Clock #1 Goes to Fourth Printing, #2 to Third, and Titans #23 to Second - July 18, 2018