We mentioned this yesterday, but it seems that Frédéric Mitterand, nephew of former french president François Mitterand
(himself a comic fan) and France’s current minister of culture, was at Angoulême this weekend. And massively charmed the folks of Angoulême.
And while there has been some doubt about the future of the festival (attendance was down this year – though still double that of San Diego), Mitterand also gave his word that Angoulême will continue and it considers it a massively important part of both French culture and commerce.
François Mitterand was also born, and is buried, very close by. He visited the festival in the eighties and was a great admirer of the form.
Maybe we can get Obama to C2E2? Get his daughters to cosplay?
- Comics Folk Eat Popcorn While Reading The #FyreFestival Hashtag… - April 28, 2017
- Unboxing April 2017’s Loot Crate And Skybound – With Comics From X-Files To Extremity… - April 28, 2017
- Digital Sales Down, Print Sales Up, The Paperback Is Powering Back Up - April 28, 2017
- There Will Be Two America #4 Comics In Comic Stores A Week Of Each Other - April 28, 2017
- Two Iowa Comic Book Stores Close, One Week Of Each Other - April 28, 2017