We mentioned this yesterday, but it seems that Frédéric Mitterand, nephew of former french president François Mitterand
(himself a comic fan) and France’s current minister of culture, was at Angoulême this weekend. And massively charmed the folks of Angoulême.
And while there has been some doubt about the future of the festival (attendance was down this year – though still double that of San Diego), Mitterand also gave his word that Angoulême will continue and it considers it a massively important part of both French culture and commerce.
François Mitterand was also born, and is buried, very close by. He visited the festival in the eighties and was a great admirer of the form.
Maybe we can get Obama to C2E2? Get his daughters to cosplay?
- Donny Cates Delighted by Funko Exclusives at MCM London Comic Con Next Weekend - October 21, 2018
- Street Fighter’s Jeffrey ‘Chamba’ Cruz Launches RandomVeus ODC in January - October 21, 2018
- Top Dog Comics Launches in Augusta, Georgia - October 21, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List, 21st October 2018 – Batman Vs Shuri - October 21, 2018
- Punisher Season 2 and Jessica Jones Season 3, the Last Marvel Netflix Shows? - October 21, 2018