AngoulêmeWatch: The weather has been driving everyone inside. Watch out – there have been reported floodings in some of the comics tents around the town. And comics and water, whatever the language, don’t mix.
DrunkWatch: But there’s more that water at the festival. CB Cebulski celebrates an innovation at the Soliel booth at Angoulême.
StreetWatch: And a couple more of those Angoulême street murals that people have been raving about.
Come on, San Diego, get that on the side of the Hyatt.
The stuff in the ’60s and ’70s we’re sort of avoiding. We’re going back to the ’40s, and then forward to what they’re doing with Captain America now.
FilmWatch2: Oh good, Britain’s getting Iron Man 2 a week before America. With Kick Ass coming out here two weeks before the US, is this a new superhero marketing strategy? Let the Brit geeks talk it up (in English) and drive the online Americans to see the film? Am I an unbwilling street marketer for Marvel comic book movies now? Oh go on then.
- Which of Today’s Spider-Man Comics Will Make Make You Cry More? - June 20, 2018
- Lex Luthor Gets an Upgrade in Justice League #2 (SPOILERS) - June 20, 2018
- Poison Ivy Swears Off Mind Control – Before Engaging in Mind Control (Damage #6 Spoilers) - June 20, 2018
- It’s Still Tough Being Captain Marvel, Post-Civil War II - June 20, 2018
- IDW Solicits for September 2018 Begin with Star Trek Vs Transformers - June 20, 2018