AngoulêmeWatch: The weather has been driving everyone inside. Watch out – there have been reported floodings in some of the comics tents around the town. And comics and water, whatever the language, don’t mix.
DrunkWatch: But there’s more that water at the festival. CB Cebulski celebrates an innovation at the Soliel booth at Angoulême.
StreetWatch: And a couple more of those Angoulême street murals that people have been raving about.
Come on, San Diego, get that on the side of the Hyatt.
The stuff in the ’60s and ’70s we’re sort of avoiding. We’re going back to the ’40s, and then forward to what they’re doing with Captain America now.
FilmWatch2: Oh good, Britain’s getting Iron Man 2 a week before America. With Kick Ass coming out here two weeks before the US, is this a new superhero marketing strategy? Let the Brit geeks talk it up (in English) and drive the online Americans to see the film? Am I an unbwilling street marketer for Marvel comic book movies now? Oh go on then.
- The Other History Of The DC Universe by John Ridley Vs Glory Scroll/Black Reign by Michael Davis - October 20, 2018
- Why 5 Kid Comics of California May Be Closing Down - October 20, 2018
- Gary Reed’s Final Comic, Savants, to See Print in 2019 - October 20, 2018
- In Depth Look at This Yu-Gi-Oh! Thing the Kids Go On About – Part Three - October 20, 2018
- Colleen Douglas and Chris Zero to Launch ‘God of Bad Men’ in January - October 20, 2018