AngoulêmeWatch: The weather has been driving everyone inside. Watch out – there have been reported floodings in some of the comics tents around the town. And comics and water, whatever the language, don’t mix.
DrunkWatch: But there’s more that water at the festival. CB Cebulski celebrates an innovation at the Soliel booth at Angoulême.
StreetWatch: And a couple more of those Angoulême street murals that people have been raving about.
Come on, San Diego, get that on the side of the Hyatt.
The stuff in the ’60s and ’70s we’re sort of avoiding. We’re going back to the ’40s, and then forward to what they’re doing with Captain America now.
FilmWatch2: Oh good, Britain’s getting Iron Man 2 a week before America. With Kick Ass coming out here two weeks before the US, is this a new superhero marketing strategy? Let the Brit geeks talk it up (in English) and drive the online Americans to see the film? Am I an unbwilling street marketer for Marvel comic book movies now? Oh go on then.
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 18th March 2018 – ‘And Now We Have A Horse Race’ as Marvel Steps Up - March 18, 2018
- Harley Quinn vs. Darkseid in Closer DC Continuity as Sam Humphries Writes Ongoing Series from #43 - March 17, 2018
- Comic Store In Your Future – Why I’m Hiring a New Employee - March 17, 2018
- In the Wake of Doomsday Clock, DC Comics Collects Don McGregor and Gene Colan’s Nathaniel Dusk - March 17, 2018
- Jim Lee’s First Two Pages for Brian Bendis’ Action Comics #1000 – and a Six Hour Video of Him Drawing One - March 17, 2018