Just how do you do Captain America’s wings on his helmet in a live action movie without them looking, well, a bit pony? It looks like Captain America: The First Avenger has the answer. You just make them part of the design, rather than have them sticking out like a twat.
Kotobukiya, who manufacture a number of comic book-based statues, have a history of producing work that has an uncanny resemblance to how the character will appear in an upcoming movies, almost as if they have access to ceoncept designs. Which they probably have. Cap does seem to have a touch of the Bryan Hitch about it – and Thor costime is very comics-current. But could the movies be so reflective? Could this gives us an inside peek into the potential looks of two upcoming movie stars?
(UPDATE – Or possibly not. Worth seeing what happens, anyway.)
And in related news, SFX magazine reveals in an interview with Marvel Movie Man Kevin Feige that Hulk will be in the Avengers movie, that you may see a Hulk 2 after Avengers, that Thor’s “magic” will be advanbced science that we don’t understand, and that Doctor Stranger, Ant Man, Black Panther and Iron Fist may get future movie treatments, as well as the Marvel Cosmic line.
- Harley Quinn vs. Darkseid in Closer DC Continuity as Sam Humphries Writes Ongoing Series from #43 - March 17, 2018
- Comic Store In Your Future – Why I’m Hiring a New Employee - March 17, 2018
- In the Wake of Doomsday Clock, DC Comics Collects Don McGregor and Gene Colan’s Nathaniel Dusk - March 17, 2018
- Jim Lee’s First Two Pages for Brian Bendis’ Action Comics #1000 – and a Six Hour Video of Him Drawing One - March 17, 2018
- 481 3rd Ave – the New Location for JHU in New York City - March 17, 2018