Just how do you do Captain America’s wings on his helmet in a live action movie without them looking, well, a bit pony? It looks like Captain America: The First Avenger has the answer. You just make them part of the design, rather than have them sticking out like a twat.
Kotobukiya, who manufacture a number of comic book-based statues, have a history of producing work that has an uncanny resemblance to how the character will appear in an upcoming movies, almost as if they have access to ceoncept designs. Which they probably have. Cap does seem to have a touch of the Bryan Hitch about it – and Thor costime is very comics-current. But could the movies be so reflective? Could this gives us an inside peek into the potential looks of two upcoming movie stars?
(UPDATE – Or possibly not. Worth seeing what happens, anyway.)
And in related news, SFX magazine reveals in an interview with Marvel Movie Man Kevin Feige that Hulk will be in the Avengers movie, that you may see a Hulk 2 after Avengers, that Thor’s “magic” will be advanbced science that we don’t understand, and that Doctor Stranger, Ant Man, Black Panther and Iron Fist may get future movie treatments, as well as the Marvel Cosmic line.
- The Writer of Invictus Pens Graphic Novel, Mandela and the General - October 15, 2018
- Olivia Olson’s Marcy & Simon #1 Kicks Off Official Canon Continuation of Adventure Time in January - October 15, 2018
- The Future of Black Label at DC Comics – It’s All Stephen Colbert’s Fault? - October 15, 2018
- Three Competitive Creative Teams for Wonder Woman? - October 15, 2018
- David F Walker… Not Writing Flash for DC Comics - October 15, 2018