Bleeding Cool has scooped the cover by Matt Bellisle to the Bluewater biographical comic of David Beckham, English football star (now of Los Angeles Galaxy). Peter Rogers will be writing it, and it will be published in the summer.
Should be a run through the life and times of Britain’s most famous current footballer, through his trials, tribulations, the marriage of Thick and Thin, the public adultery and his hilariously squeaky voice.
P.S. A number of websites have suddenly decided this week to reduce Bluewater coverge after revelations about the company… that I exposed and reported on back in September last year.
As for Bleeding Cool, well Marvel have never paid Jack Kirby or his estate royalties, DC never renegotiated the V4V and Watchmen contracts after the marketplace changed significantly, IDW have published reprints of books like Speed Racer where the original creative team never got a penny. And the pirate comics industry deprives creators and publishers of hundreds of thousands of dollars every week. Bluewater seem to have lived up to their contracts, even if the contracts are really shitty. And so Bleeding Cool will continue to report about Bluewater, just as it does everything else.
- Comixology Bestseller List – Justice, No Justice - May 25, 2018
- Champions, Black Panther, and Mystery of Madripoor Go to Second Prints for Marvel Comics - May 25, 2018
- Antarctic Press Seeks Superhero Submissions for the Superverse - May 25, 2018
- Golden Apple Comics Is Now in Diamond Previews: Adventure Van and Blastosaurus - May 25, 2018
- J. Scott Campbell Covers to X-Classified #1 Cancelled - May 25, 2018