ScotWatch: To promote the Hi-Ex Comics Convention in Inverness in March this year, artist Colin MacNeil drew Judge Dredd fishing for the Loch Ness Monster.
Perfect news bait… and the BBC bit.
ZombieWatch: The pilot script to AMC’s adaptation of The Waking Dead comic has been reviewed;
If you were a fan of the comic book before, now you know that the pilot’s set-up of the Walking Dead story follows a similar arc as the comic’s but it’s not exact. I’d guess that about half to two-thirds of the first two issues are contained in the pilot episode but there’s also new material. For instance, we now get to see the incident that brought Grimes to the hospital (the comic begins with him coming to in his deserted room) and there’s some changes with what happens when he is in Atlanta that differ with the comic’s depiction of events. Darabont seems to know what he’s doing and in the places where he chooses to include new material, with his changes/additions better serving the story and bring more characterization (at the beginning and middle) and intensity (at the end). In particular there was a new revelation concerning the plight of the other father that Grimes finds living in his old neighborhood that’s not in the comic. This new material really underscored the sense of what kind of deep and unsettling world the survivors are now living in.
BechdelWatch: Alison Bechdel, creator of Dykes to Watch Out For and Fun Home, is speaking at Penn State in March as part of the colleg’s Graphic Novel Speaker Series, as classes read and study Fun Home
HospitalWatch: Children’s Hospital Boston has made a deal with Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing, to publish Zebrafish, a prose-comics fusion novel by Sharon Emerson and by Renée Kurilla. An extension of the online animation from Fablevision that explores family medical issues, the textual graphic novel is named after transparent fish used for studying disease, and the story of a rock band of the same name, one of whose members is suffering fom leukemia.
- Nightwing May Be Losing His Dick But Batman Is Getting One - September 18, 2018
- Marvel to Adapt Avengers: Infinity War Movie Into Comic Book - September 18, 2018
- Marvel’s Infinity Wars to Go On for Infinity Issues - September 18, 2018
- Marvel to Publish Star Wars Comics for Qui-Gon, Darth Maul, Jango Fett, Anakin Skywalker, Count Dooku, Padme Amidala and General Grevious - September 18, 2018
- Marvel Comics’ Full Solicitations for December 2018 – Defenders, X-Men, X-Force, X-Mas, Killmonger, Miles Morales and Age Of Star Wars - September 18, 2018