It’s an unusual promotion, I’ll grant you. And it’s one that media outlets (such as Bleeding Cool) are certain to pick up and draw attention to.
Because, yes, Strange Adventures comic store in Nova Scotia is holding its first ladies night this Thursday. Only women will be allowed in, only women will be working in the store, and a few local female cartoonists wil be on hand to talk about their work.
As the radio ad (below) says;
Have you ever felt a little intimidated or awkward going into a comic shop? Are you interested in comics, but not sure where to start? Or are you a super fan-girl who wants to nerd out about comics without boys getting in the way?
This may be just the kind of reverse-sexism comic books need. You know, every now and then. During the promotion, owner Calum Johnston (no relation) will be in the pub next door. With a stack of comics for the boyfriends, husbands and fathers who can’t get into the comic store for once.
Here’s the radio ad running.
- The X-Men Gold #30 Wedding Issue Has Gone to Second Printing - June 20, 2018
- No More Issues of Cyborg: #23 Was Your Last, #24 and #25 Cancelled - June 20, 2018
- Rolled & Told from E.L. Thomas and Tristan J. Tarwater Launches in Lion Forge September 2018 Solicits - June 20, 2018
- A Comic Show: The Wedding Joke! - June 20, 2018
- 2 Grant Morrison Stories in Ahoy Comics’ First Solicits for September 2018 - June 20, 2018