It’s an unusual promotion, I’ll grant you. And it’s one that media outlets (such as Bleeding Cool) are certain to pick up and draw attention to.
Because, yes, Strange Adventures comic store in Nova Scotia is holding its first ladies night this Thursday. Only women will be allowed in, only women will be working in the store, and a few local female cartoonists wil be on hand to talk about their work.
As the radio ad (below) says;
Have you ever felt a little intimidated or awkward going into a comic shop? Are you interested in comics, but not sure where to start? Or are you a super fan-girl who wants to nerd out about comics without boys getting in the way?
This may be just the kind of reverse-sexism comic books need. You know, every now and then. During the promotion, owner Calum Johnston (no relation) will be in the pub next door. With a stack of comics for the boyfriends, husbands and fathers who can’t get into the comic store for once.
Here’s the radio ad running.
- Doctor Who and Assassin’s Creed With Titan at MCM London Comic Con - October 23, 2018
- Doctor Who Comes to BBC’s Children In Need Again - October 23, 2018
- The Daily LITG, 23rd October 2018 – Happy Birthday, Joe Illidge - October 23, 2018
- Dark Horse Comics Liquidates 48 Conan Collections - October 22, 2018
- Will Bunker Come to Titans TV Season 2? - October 22, 2018