Platinum Studios are the multi-media comic book exploitation company headed up by Scott Rosenberg that just keeps on coming back. They have just secured a five million dollar funding deal with Dutchess Opportunity Fund II on the back of the upcoming Cowboys & Aliens movie to be directed by Iron Man‘s John Favreau.
One aspect of the PR did raise a smile however.
Awareness for Platinum Studios’ properties has increased significantly over the past year due in part to the upcoming film “Dead of Night,” an adaptation of the beloved Italian comic book “Dylan Dog,” which has sold over 56 million copies worldwide. In a poll conducted in December 2009 by MTV.com, “Dead of Night” ranked fifth amongst all comic book movies audiences were anticipating for 2010. The results came unexpectedly to MTV.com since the film was accidentally left off the list of nominees and all votes for the picture were write-in votes.
Hmm. Okay. Knowing Platinum’s unconventional marketing practices of late, am I the only one who might consider that such a vote might have been given a slight push from Platinum’s direction?
And if there is anyone who still believes they are owed money by Platinum, well, with $5 million credit open to them, they should have no excuses…
- 2000AD Hits #2100, Judge Dredd Megazine Hits #400 in Rebellion September 2018 Solicits - June 21, 2018
- New England Comics Launches The Tick #0 For San Diego Comic-Con - June 20, 2018
- Catwoman #1 Cover Suggests She May Not Get Married to Batman - June 20, 2018
- The X-Men Gold #30 Wedding Issue Has Gone to Second Printing - June 20, 2018
- No More Issues of Cyborg: #23 Was Your Last, #24 and #25 Cancelled - June 20, 2018