With all this fuss about Spider-Man 4, 5 and 6 being based on Brian Bendis and Mark Bagley’s Ultimate Spider-Man, here’s a reminder of something we proposed a few days ago – get Brian Bendis to write the damn thing!
He’s written the very work that you’re wanting to base the new run of movies on, he’s basically all but written a TV adaptation in the form of the animated series, and he’s written well received screenplays such as Torso.
And with news that Sony wants to bring the budget in under $80 million, he’d be perfect! Just have lots of Bendis stock-in-trade long dialogue scenes set around a kitchen table!
See? Come on, that would cost, what $50 to film, tops?
C’mon Sony, fly him out, have the meeting, and be prepared to be dazzled by his wit, repartee and forehead.
UPDATE: Oh look, here’s a Facebook group.
- A G-Rated Deadpool… - August 18, 2018
- Unboxing Firefly’s May 2018 Loot Crate with Kaylee … in August - August 18, 2018
- Doomsday Clock, Heroes In Crisis and John Byrne – All in Action Comics #1002 - August 18, 2018
- From East Asian to Caucasian – Psylocke Switches Back on Wednesday - August 17, 2018
- Court Places 3-Year Restraining Order on Keya Morgan to Stay Away from Stan Lee - August 17, 2018