With all this fuss about Spider-Man 4, 5 and 6 being based on Brian Bendis and Mark Bagley’s Ultimate Spider-Man, here’s a reminder of something we proposed a few days ago – get Brian Bendis to write the damn thing!
He’s written the very work that you’re wanting to base the new run of movies on, he’s basically all but written a TV adaptation in the form of the animated series, and he’s written well received screenplays such as Torso.
And with news that Sony wants to bring the budget in under $80 million, he’d be perfect! Just have lots of Bendis stock-in-trade long dialogue scenes set around a kitchen table!
See? Come on, that would cost, what $50 to film, tops?
C’mon Sony, fly him out, have the meeting, and be prepared to be dazzled by his wit, repartee and forehead.
UPDATE: Oh look, here’s a Facebook group.
- After Chelsea Cain and Chuck Wendig – Will Comic Creators Unionize? - October 18, 2018
- The Daily LITG – 18th October 2018 - October 18, 2018
- Titan Scorch Earth on Diablo Comic Book Listings - October 17, 2018
- DC Comics Cancels All Orders for Sandman: Overture Gallery Edition – For Now - October 17, 2018
- Tibalt Appears on Magic The Gathering: Chandra #3, Fandom Goes Wild - October 17, 2018