With all this fuss about Spider-Man 4, 5 and 6 being based on Brian Bendis and Mark Bagley’s Ultimate Spider-Man, here’s a reminder of something we proposed a few days ago – get Brian Bendis to write the damn thing!
He’s written the very work that you’re wanting to base the new run of movies on, he’s basically all but written a TV adaptation in the form of the animated series, and he’s written well received screenplays such as Torso.
And with news that Sony wants to bring the budget in under $80 million, he’d be perfect! Just have lots of Bendis stock-in-trade long dialogue scenes set around a kitchen table!
See? Come on, that would cost, what $50 to film, tops?
C’mon Sony, fly him out, have the meeting, and be prepared to be dazzled by his wit, repartee and forehead.
UPDATE: Oh look, here’s a Facebook group.
- Fantastic Four #9 and More Stolen from House Of Secrets in Burbank - May 20, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 20th May 2018 – ‘Readers Realized There Was No Wedding in the Wedding Special’ - May 20, 2018
- Bob Layton Just Discovered He Created a Character in Deadpool 2 - May 20, 2018
- The Rev Michael Curry Vs Princess Bride’s Peter Cook’s Royal Wedding Address (VIDEO) - May 20, 2018
- Lying In The Gutters – 20th May 2018 – Flamewars and Lawsuits - May 20, 2018