It looks like British actor Mark Strong is now your Hollywood go-to guy for bad guys. It wasn’t always this way. I remember him playing policemen in all sorts of things including Prime Suspect. He was a little bit of a corrupt businessman in Our Friends In The North but you wouldn’t call him bad exactly. But after playing Lord Blackwood in Sherlock Holmes, Septimus in Stardust and Frank D’Amico in Kick-Ass, there’s only one kind of role that furrowed brow can find itself in.
And according to MTV News, rather than Jackie Earle Haley, Strong is up for the role of Sinestro in the Green Lantern movie.
Director Martin Campbell also listed Kilowog, Tomar-Re and Abin Sur as characters appearing in the movie.
Oh and Mark Strong will be playing Matai Strang, Carter’s nemesis in John Carter Warlord Of Mars. It’s typecasting that’s what he is. Mark Strong is the new Alan Rickman…
- 2000AD Hits #2100, Judge Dredd Megazine Hits #400 in Rebellion September 2018 Solicits - June 21, 2018
- New England Comics Launches The Tick #0 For San Diego Comic-Con - June 20, 2018
- Catwoman #1 Cover Suggests She May Not Get Married to Batman - June 20, 2018
- The X-Men Gold #30 Wedding Issue Has Gone to Second Printing - June 20, 2018
- No More Issues of Cyborg: #23 Was Your Last, #24 and #25 Cancelled - June 20, 2018