It looks like British actor Mark Strong is now your Hollywood go-to guy for bad guys. It wasn’t always this way. I remember him playing policemen in all sorts of things including Prime Suspect. He was a little bit of a corrupt businessman in Our Friends In The North but you wouldn’t call him bad exactly. But after playing Lord Blackwood in Sherlock Holmes, Septimus in Stardust and Frank D’Amico in Kick-Ass, there’s only one kind of role that furrowed brow can find itself in.
And according to MTV News, rather than Jackie Earle Haley, Strong is up for the role of Sinestro in the Green Lantern movie.
Director Martin Campbell also listed Kilowog, Tomar-Re and Abin Sur as characters appearing in the movie.
Oh and Mark Strong will be playing Matai Strang, Carter’s nemesis in John Carter Warlord Of Mars. It’s typecasting that’s what he is. Mark Strong is the new Alan Rickman…
- DC Comics to Publish English Translation of Batman & the Justice League Manga - March 18, 2018
- Solicits for DC Ink and Zoom Titles Mera, Harley Quinn: Breaking Glass, and DC Super Hero Girls: Search for Atlantis - March 18, 2018
- Brian Michael Bendis’s Creator-Owned Comics to Cost Less from DC Than Marvel - March 18, 2018
- 8 More Absolute/Omnibus Books from DC Comics, from Flashpoint to Before Watchmen - March 18, 2018
- Adapting Madness – Bringing H.P. Lovecraft’s World to Life - March 18, 2018