It looks like British actor Mark Strong is now your Hollywood go-to guy for bad guys. It wasn’t always this way. I remember him playing policemen in all sorts of things including Prime Suspect. He was a little bit of a corrupt businessman in Our Friends In The North but you wouldn’t call him bad exactly. But after playing Lord Blackwood in Sherlock Holmes, Septimus in Stardust and Frank D’Amico in Kick-Ass, there’s only one kind of role that furrowed brow can find itself in.
And according to MTV News, rather than Jackie Earle Haley, Strong is up for the role of Sinestro in the Green Lantern movie.
Director Martin Campbell also listed Kilowog, Tomar-Re and Abin Sur as characters appearing in the movie.
Oh and Mark Strong will be playing Matai Strang, Carter’s nemesis in John Carter Warlord Of Mars. It’s typecasting that’s what he is. Mark Strong is the new Alan Rickman…
- Dark Horse Comics Liquidates 48 Conan Collections - October 22, 2018
- Will Bunker Come to Titans TV Season 2? - October 22, 2018
- Warren Ellis Tells You What to Expect in Castlevania Season 2 From Netflix - October 22, 2018
- DC Comics’ Reboot of Books Of Magic This Week - October 22, 2018
- First Review: The Green Lantern #1 by Grant Morrison and Liam Sharp – From 2000AD to Preacher? - October 22, 2018