Martin Conaghan and Will Pickering’s graphic novel Burke And Hare has had a nice big splash in today’s Scotsman newspaper as well as a feature going out last night on STV, (the Scottish main commercial channel, not a form of chlamidia)
The graphic novel aims to dispel the romanticisation of Burke and Hare as graverobbers who sold their finds to the medical profession, instead revealing their activities as serial killers instead.
The Scotsman quotes from Alan Grant’s introduction saying;
It was a revelation to discover they were actually serial killers, vile brutes who measured the price of human life in pounds, shilling and pence, monsters for whom alcohol and smothering were the tools of their trade.
A gallery in the book features additional work by Frank Quitely, Gary Erksine, Stephen Daly, Dave Hill, David Alexander, Alex Ronald, Stuart Beel and Lynsey Hutchinson.
- Titan Scorch Earth on Diablo Comic Book Listings - October 17, 2018
- DC Comics Cancels All Orders for Sandman: Overture Gallery Edition – For Now - October 17, 2018
- Tibalt Appears on Magic The Gathering: Chandra #3, Fandom Goes Wild - October 17, 2018
- Fortnite Parody Comic ‘Fartnite’ to be Published From Remy Eisu Mokhtar and Chris Crosby - October 17, 2018
- Sarah Kuhn and Alitha Martinez Return to Barbie Comics, in Papercutz January 2019 Solicitations - October 17, 2018