Advertsing the fact that the next week’s run of Guardian would include a reprint of a classic children’s comic, from The Beano to Roy Of The Rovers, it features the distinctive shape of the British Dennis The Menace bursting to escape from the newspaper.
And it also managed the remarkable achievement of not using dull comic book sterotypes to advertise the promotion.
Brilliant, eh readers?
- Two Meta-Looks at Comics From Marvel and DC This Week - October 19, 2018
- Archie Comics Cancels Their Marvel Digest Volumes - October 19, 2018
- Marvel Comics Challenge Another Punisher Trademark Application by Militia Group - October 19, 2018
- So Why Are There No Comic Book Unions Then? - October 19, 2018
- Jim Steranko, Ron Frenz, George Perez, Barry Kitson and Alan Davis on The Liberty Brigade - October 19, 2018