I received a press release from Zenescope’s Raven Gregory this morning. Announcing Zenescope Girl of the Month for 2010 to follow on from their successful and innovatively titled Zenescope Girl of the Month for 2009. What a difference a year makes.
The release stated that Zenescope was calling “all aspiring models, amateur models and fans” especialy anyone with self esteem issues, body complexes or those still in serious therapy to enter. Winners each month will get a $100 comics gift certificate and be entered into the annual grand prize, a trip for 2 to the San Diego Comic Con. Although something tells me you’ll be expected to dress like that for the duration. Especially when doing the Zenescope signing.
So I asked Raven. Could a man enter this competition? After all, running such a competition, the organisers wouldn’t like to be accused of sexism. Any more than normal that is. He told me;
Only you. And only if you’ve had quite a few drinks of scotch. And if there is a dress involved:)
Raven, you’re on. Look for the entry sometime tomorrow. And naturally I’ll be posting it here too.
- Supergirl Season 4 to Debut TV’s First Transgender Superhero, Dreamer - July 21, 2018
- Preview: Shuri #1 from Marvel’s Next Big Thing Panel at SDCC - July 21, 2018
- The New Fantastic Four Big Bad Is… The Griever - July 21, 2018
- ComicsPRO Retailers React to Batman #50 Returnability - July 21, 2018
- Seth MacFarlane and Brannon Braga Making Books of Blood, a Clive Barker Horror Anthology TV Series for Hulu - July 21, 2018