I received a press release from Zenescope’s Raven Gregory this morning. Announcing Zenescope Girl of the Month for 2010 to follow on from their successful and innovatively titled Zenescope Girl of the Month for 2009. What a difference a year makes.
The release stated that Zenescope was calling “all aspiring models, amateur models and fans” especialy anyone with self esteem issues, body complexes or those still in serious therapy to enter. Winners each month will get a $100 comics gift certificate and be entered into the annual grand prize, a trip for 2 to the San Diego Comic Con. Although something tells me you’ll be expected to dress like that for the duration. Especially when doing the Zenescope signing.
So I asked Raven. Could a man enter this competition? After all, running such a competition, the organisers wouldn’t like to be accused of sexism. Any more than normal that is. He told me;
Only you. And only if you’ve had quite a few drinks of scotch. And if there is a dress involved:)
Raven, you’re on. Look for the entry sometime tomorrow. And naturally I’ll be posting it here too.
- What I Learned From Meeting With Ross Richie - April 25, 2017
- Exclusive: Teaser Trailer For Revival, The Movie Based On The Comic By Tim Seeley And Mike Norton, From Image - April 25, 2017
- Dark Lives Matter – Finally Something New From DC Comics? - April 25, 2017
- Can Batman And Flash Make The Watchmen Button Less Radioactive In Flash #21? - April 25, 2017
- Rewriting Superman From Scratch In Action Comics #978 – With A Little Help From Secret Origin - April 24, 2017