When Rob Liefeld objected to the “outing” of his character Shatterstar in X-Factor, he stated;
As the guy that created, designed and wrote his first dozen appearances, Shatterstar is not gay. Sorry. Can’t wait to someday undo this… Shatterstar is akin to Maximus in Gladiator. He’s a warrior, a Spartan, and not a gay one.
At the time Peter David replied;
Now I’m definitely going to have Guido ask Shatterstar if he likes gladiator movies. And when Shatterstar says, “Yes, absolutely,” Guido will say, “Figures.”
Which is basically what happened in X-Factor #200.
Was that the end of it? Not a bit. Firstly in Nation-X, Rictor’s jealously kicks off and we get these scenes;
- Justice League Of America Tops Advance Reorders, Followed By Image’s 25th Birthday - January 19, 2017
- Second Prints For Unstoppable Wasp, IVX And The Few - January 19, 2017
- Dan Panosian Talks To Bleeding Cool About Working With Joe Quesada On The X-Men Comic That Appears In The Logan Movie - January 19, 2017
- There’s A DC Comic In The January Loot Crate…. - January 19, 2017
- How The Green Lanterns Comic Tackles Anxiety In A Remarkably Superheroic Fashion - January 19, 2017