When Rob Liefeld objected to the “outing” of his character Shatterstar in X-Factor, he stated;
As the guy that created, designed and wrote his first dozen appearances, Shatterstar is not gay. Sorry. Can’t wait to someday undo this… Shatterstar is akin to Maximus in Gladiator. He’s a warrior, a Spartan, and not a gay one.
At the time Peter David replied;
Now I’m definitely going to have Guido ask Shatterstar if he likes gladiator movies. And when Shatterstar says, “Yes, absolutely,” Guido will say, “Figures.”
Which is basically what happened in X-Factor #200.
Was that the end of it? Not a bit. Firstly in Nation-X, Rictor’s jealously kicks off and we get these scenes;
- People Are Adding “Nick Spencer Disclaimers” To Their Captain America T-Shirts - April 23, 2017
- Dark Matter Widens The Divide At DC Comics Between Dan DiDio And Geoff Johns - April 23, 2017
- Killing The 5 Year Timeline – Superman, Flash And Blue Beetle Spoilers For The Week Ahead, Rumbling Around C2E2 (UPDATE) - April 23, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List 23rd April 2017 – Batman And Superman Beat Secret Empire, But Redneck And Monstress Rocket Up The Chart - April 23, 2017
- No Gays In Nineties X-Men? That’s What Greek Gods And Goddesses Are For… - April 23, 2017