I really hope I’m not reading too much into the Brightest Day banner. I mean no one, not anyone in any of the exclusive interviews that DC’s marketing department have been arranging with Newsarama, IGN and Comics Alliance (CBR and MTV Splashpage to follow, I expect) have actally asked the question, what does Brightest Day mean?
I hope it means a lighter, brighter, more positive take on modern day superheroes, in light of the grimmer and grittier comics storylines we’ve been getting, rape upon rape, evisceration upon evisceration, exhumation upon exhumation, using an array of characters intended to be read by children.
But I suppose it could also be an exercise in telling stories about the importance of solar power to the future of the planet’s energy requirements. We just don’t know.
Which is, of course, fantastic, wonderful and gorgeous. But will this be a sign of light’n’brighty sunshine filled escapades of Gotham’s finest? Or will it be about the importance of installing low energy lightbulbs. We need guidance, DC’s The Source blog, we need guidance!
- Dan DiDio to Get Down With the Kids’ Dialogue in Sideways #8 - June 19, 2018
- Marvel September 2018 Solicits Launch Return Of Wolverine, Franklin Richards, Thanos Legacy, Asgardians and Iceman - June 19, 2018
- Full Image Comics September 2018 Solicitations – Launching Bully Wars, Man-Eaters, MCMLXXV, Burnouts, Cemetery Beach and OGNs Green Monk, HCHOM, Me The People and My Heroes Have Always Been Junkies - June 19, 2018
- The X-Men Gold #30 Wedding Twist Was Not Marc Guggenheim’s Idea (SPOILERS) - June 19, 2018
- Exclusive: Gallery 13 Grab Stephen King’s The Dark Tower Graphic Novel Rights from Marvel - June 19, 2018