With Diamond Comic Distributors choosing C2E2 and NYCC for trade-only retailer-based events, some industry observers (including me) had presumed that Diamond had made its choice, preferring Reed events over Wizard Comic Con events and that was the end of that.
It appears I was wrong.
It looks like Diamond is back in bed with Wizard, or at least has a few limbs under the duvet, scheduling a retailer event planned for Wizard’s Philadelphia Comic Con. This all but guarantees a heavy publisher presence at the rest of the convention, with panels, signings and appearances by staff and creators, as well as rare variant comic books readily available, which can often justify an entire trip.
Diamond will also be hosting a hospitality suite through the convention for retailers, and its likely to see this arrangement repeated at other Wizard Comic Cons. One thing Wizard still has over its competitors is a being able to reach parts of the country that other convention organisers fail to reach, grabbing a wider spread of comic book fans and retailers.
For now at least…
Wizard’s Philadelphia Comic Con is scheduled for June 11-13, 2010 at the Pennsylvania Convention Center.
- Michael B. Jordan Really Wanted to Play T’Challa in Black Panther - February 24, 2018
- 42 Exclusive Comics at ECCC 2018 from Aspen, Dark Horse, Boom, DC, Oni, Valiant, Vault, and More - February 24, 2018
- ComiXology Bestseller List, February 24th, 2018 – Batman Poisons Its Ivy - February 24, 2018
- Cult Classic: Return to Whisper #1 Out This Week… for the Very First Time - February 24, 2018
- Matthew Rosenberg to Write New Multiple Man Comic for Marvel? - February 24, 2018