From tomorrow, Orbital Comics in London, just off Leicester Square, is hosting an exhibition of the work of Arthur Ranson.
An early photorealist artist in British comics, his work on the TV tie-in comic Look In is damous, particularly Sapphire And Steel but also Worzel Gummidge, Danger Mouse, The Bionic Woman and The A-Team. But it was his work for 2000AD that wqould get real acclaim with Judge Anderson, Button Man and Mazeworld. He also contributed to a few US titles such as the X-Factor mini-series and Batman/Phantom Stranger.
His artwork is detailed and exquisite. It will be a pleasure to see it up close.
- Kraven The Hunter Returns in March’s Amazing Spider-Man - December 14, 2018
- Now DC Comics Makes Border Town Back Issues Returnable - December 14, 2018
- Comixology Bestseller List, 14th December 2019 – An Annual Surprise - December 14, 2018
- Cambridge Analytica, the Sequel, in Drone Range of Parliament - December 14, 2018
- The Comic Shop Opens in Crawley, England, in Three Days Time - December 14, 2018