From tomorrow, Orbital Comics in London, just off Leicester Square, is hosting an exhibition of the work of Arthur Ranson.
An early photorealist artist in British comics, his work on the TV tie-in comic Look In is damous, particularly Sapphire And Steel but also Worzel Gummidge, Danger Mouse, The Bionic Woman and The A-Team. But it was his work for 2000AD that wqould get real acclaim with Judge Anderson, Button Man and Mazeworld. He also contributed to a few US titles such as the X-Factor mini-series and Batman/Phantom Stranger.
His artwork is detailed and exquisite. It will be a pleasure to see it up close.
- 8 More Absolute/Omnibus Books from DC Comics, from Flashpoint to Before Watchmen - March 18, 2018
- Adapting Madness – Bringing H.P. Lovecraft’s World to Life - March 18, 2018
- Lying in the Gutters – 18th March 2018 – DC Comics Collect Their Thoughts - March 18, 2018
- DC Continues New Editions of Sandman for 30th Anniversary into 2019 - March 18, 2018
- Exclusive Relationships: J. Scott Campbell, Adi Granov, Dale Keown, Leinil Francis Yu and More - March 18, 2018