From tomorrow, Orbital Comics in London, just off Leicester Square, is hosting an exhibition of the work of Arthur Ranson.
An early photorealist artist in British comics, his work on the TV tie-in comic Look In is damous, particularly Sapphire And Steel but also Worzel Gummidge, Danger Mouse, The Bionic Woman and The A-Team. But it was his work for 2000AD that wqould get real acclaim with Judge Anderson, Button Man and Mazeworld. He also contributed to a few US titles such as the X-Factor mini-series and Batman/Phantom Stranger.
His artwork is detailed and exquisite. It will be a pleasure to see it up close.
- Batman Damned #1 Signed by Lee Bermejo Sells for $1000 - September 23, 2018
- Stephen Colbert Weighs In On the Batpenis - September 23, 2018
- ComiXology Denies Censoring the Bat Penis - September 23, 2018
- Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips’ Criminal Returns in January from Image Comics (UPDATE) - September 23, 2018
- Lying In The Gutters – 23rd September 2018 – What’s The Story, Morning Glory? - September 23, 2018