From tomorrow, Orbital Comics in London, just off Leicester Square, is hosting an exhibition of the work of Arthur Ranson.
An early photorealist artist in British comics, his work on the TV tie-in comic Look In is damous, particularly Sapphire And Steel but also Worzel Gummidge, Danger Mouse, The Bionic Woman and The A-Team. But it was his work for 2000AD that wqould get real acclaim with Judge Anderson, Button Man and Mazeworld. He also contributed to a few US titles such as the X-Factor mini-series and Batman/Phantom Stranger.
His artwork is detailed and exquisite. It will be a pleasure to see it up close.
- The X-Men Gold #30 Wedding Issue Has Gone to Second Printing - June 20, 2018
- No More Issues of Cyborg: #23 Was Your Last, #24 and #25 Cancelled - June 20, 2018
- Rolled & Told from E.L. Thomas and Tristan J. Tarwater Launches in Lion Forge September 2018 Solicits - June 20, 2018
- A Comic Show: The Wedding Joke! - June 20, 2018
- 2 Grant Morrison Stories in Ahoy Comics’ First Solicits for September 2018 - June 20, 2018