The trade paperback of No Hero, by Warren Ellis and Juan Jose Ryp, is published by Avatar Press this week, out tomorrow in the US, Thursday in the UK. But to get you in the mood, here’s the complete first chapter, originally printed in No Hero #0, for free.
No Hero takes place in a world where superheroes have existed since the 1960s, emerging as a reaction to violent police reactions to the American counter-culture movement, as well as increasing street crime. They called themselves “The Levellers” after the popular movement of the English Civil War. The Levellers eventually evolved into “The Front Line”, deriving their superpowers from pills that have side-effects as dangerous as the powers they gain.
And those who have never read it are going to be able to experience that splash page for the first time…
This is the first of three Avatar Plugs Of The Week. In an hour, a look at Christos Gage’s Absolution #6 and in two hours, Alan Moore and Jacen Burrow’s Neonomicon…
- The Other History Of The DC Universe by John Ridley Vs Glory Scroll/Black Reign by Michael Davis - October 20, 2018
- Why 5 Kid Comics of California May Be Closing Down - October 20, 2018
- Gary Reed’s Final Comic, Savants, to See Print in 2019 - October 20, 2018
- In Depth Look at This Yu-Gi-Oh! Thing the Kids Go On About – Part Three - October 20, 2018
- Colleen Douglas and Chris Zero to Launch ‘God of Bad Men’ in January - October 20, 2018