The trade paperback of No Hero, by Warren Ellis and Juan Jose Ryp, is published by Avatar Press this week, out tomorrow in the US, Thursday in the UK. But to get you in the mood, here’s the complete first chapter, originally printed in No Hero #0, for free.
No Hero takes place in a world where superheroes have existed since the 1960s, emerging as a reaction to violent police reactions to the American counter-culture movement, as well as increasing street crime. They called themselves “The Levellers” after the popular movement of the English Civil War. The Levellers eventually evolved into “The Front Line”, deriving their superpowers from pills that have side-effects as dangerous as the powers they gain.
And those who have never read it are going to be able to experience that splash page for the first time…
This is the first of three Avatar Plugs Of The Week. In an hour, a look at Christos Gage’s Absolution #6 and in two hours, Alan Moore and Jacen Burrow’s Neonomicon…
- The Small Town Barbeque Vampires Of “Redneck” By Donny Cates, Lisandro Estherren And Dee Cunniffe From Image/Skybound In April - January 23, 2017
- Topps To Publish A Trump-Based Garbage Pail Kids Comic – Donald Dump! - January 23, 2017
- What Will Happen To Task Force X After Justice League Vs Suicide Squad? Just Ask Grant Morrison (SPOILERS) - January 23, 2017
- Speculator Corner: Star Wars #49 – The Last Jedi – From Marvel Comics - January 23, 2017
- Scott Lobdell Writes Aspen’s Crossover Series, No World, Debuting In April 2017 - January 23, 2017