The trade paperback of No Hero, by Warren Ellis and Juan Jose Ryp, is published by Avatar Press this week, out tomorrow in the US, Thursday in the UK. But to get you in the mood, here’s the complete first chapter, originally printed in No Hero #0, for free.
No Hero takes place in a world where superheroes have existed since the 1960s, emerging as a reaction to violent police reactions to the American counter-culture movement, as well as increasing street crime. They called themselves “The Levellers” after the popular movement of the English Civil War. The Levellers eventually evolved into “The Front Line”, deriving their superpowers from pills that have side-effects as dangerous as the powers they gain.
And those who have never read it are going to be able to experience that splash page for the first time…
This is the first of three Avatar Plugs Of The Week. In an hour, a look at Christos Gage’s Absolution #6 and in two hours, Alan Moore and Jacen Burrow’s Neonomicon…
- The Quite Definite Death Of [SPOILERS] In Flash #27 - July 26, 2017
- The Quite Definite Death Of [SPOILERS] In Faith And The Future Force #1 - July 26, 2017
- Original Wolverine Tops The Advance Reorder Lists – Is It Time For Marvel To Bring Him Back? - July 26, 2017
- The Quite Definite Death Of [SPOILERS] In Savage Dragon #225 - July 26, 2017
- Dr. Snyderlove Or: How DC Comics Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Metal - July 26, 2017