The trade paperback of No Hero, by Warren Ellis and Juan Jose Ryp, is published by Avatar Press this week, out tomorrow in the US, Thursday in the UK. But to get you in the mood, here’s the complete first chapter, originally printed in No Hero #0, for free.
No Hero takes place in a world where superheroes have existed since the 1960s, emerging as a reaction to violent police reactions to the American counter-culture movement, as well as increasing street crime. They called themselves “The Levellers” after the popular movement of the English Civil War. The Levellers eventually evolved into “The Front Line”, deriving their superpowers from pills that have side-effects as dangerous as the powers they gain.
And those who have never read it are going to be able to experience that splash page for the first time…
This is the first of three Avatar Plugs Of The Week. In an hour, a look at Christos Gage’s Absolution #6 and in two hours, Alan Moore and Jacen Burrow’s Neonomicon…
- POW! Entertainment Registers More ‘Stan Lee’ Trademarks for Sleeping Bags, Pizza Crust Mixes and Yoga Mats - April 22, 2018
- Gabriele Dell’Otto’s Exclusive Retailer Variant for Amazing Spider-Man #800 - April 22, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 22nd April 2018 – ‘Action Comics Was the Highest/Fastest Selling Book in Our History’ - April 22, 2018
- Lying In The Gutters – 22nd April 2018 – DC ComicsGetting Fresh - April 22, 2018
- The Age Of Bronze Goes Full Colour as a Digital Ongong Series - April 22, 2018