I was talking to some studio types after seeing a screening of Kick-Ass last night, and Kenneh Branagh’s Thor seems to bemuse them. Though, to be fair, so did Iron Man before that was released. “Did you see Kenneth’s Frankenstein” was one comment. “Is this going to be Peter’s Vikings” was another. “I’d be more interested if Brian Blessed was in it” was yet another.
But moving the date of release from May 20th to May 6th shows a greater confidence from the studios involved. It’s considered a much more commercially advantageous slot. Of course this means that expectations of performance will also be higher, so it could be a poisoned chalice. Held in a forced perspective mighty hand. It was the slot that Spider-Man, Iron Man and Wolverine debuted on. Thor needs to do just as well.
All thanks to Sam Raimi and Sony coming to blows over the direction of the next film. We may not even see it at all in 2011. Is it time for Brian Michael Bendis to step up and say “coo-eee!”
- Fantastic Four #9 and More Stolen from House Of Secrets in Burbank - May 20, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 20th May 2018 – ‘Readers Realized There Was No Wedding in the Wedding Special’ - May 20, 2018
- Bob Layton Just Discovered He Created a Character in Deadpool 2 - May 20, 2018
- The Rev Michael Curry Vs Princess Bride’s Peter Cook’s Royal Wedding Address (VIDEO) - May 20, 2018
- Lying In The Gutters – 20th May 2018 – Flamewars and Lawsuits - May 20, 2018