Kurt Westergaard, the Danish cartoonist whose work showing the Islamic prophet Mohammed caused international controversy, gaining a million dollar bounty on his head, was attacked by an axe-wielding assailant last night.
Hiding with his five year old granddaughter in his specially built panic room, installed after threats four years ago, police arrived and shot the intruder in the knee and shoulder. He is described as a 28-year-old Somali man linked to the radical Islamist al-Shabab militia.
The house was supposed to be impenetrable. Kurt Westergaard had made more public appearance of late, came out of hiding last Spring, saying he wanted to defend freedom of expression. Danish Muslim groups have condemned the attack.
The cartoon in question featured Mohammed with a bomb-shaped turban. No i’m not reproducing it here. I like my door axe-free, thank you very much.
- A New Name For Thought Bubble? - September 21, 2018
- Has DC Comics Got Nightwing Completely the Wrong Way Round? (Batman #55 Spoilers) - September 21, 2018
- Exclusive – Vinyl Titans for NYCC, Doctor Who, Game of Thrones and Twin Peaks - September 21, 2018
- Holy Batpenis – Batman: Damned #1 is now a $45 Book on eBay - September 21, 2018
- Comixology Bestseller List, 21st September 2018 – So Something With Nightwing Happened This Week Too - September 21, 2018