Kurt Westergaard, the Danish cartoonist whose work showing the Islamic prophet Mohammed caused international controversy, gaining a million dollar bounty on his head, was attacked by an axe-wielding assailant last night.
Hiding with his five year old granddaughter in his specially built panic room, installed after threats four years ago, police arrived and shot the intruder in the knee and shoulder. He is described as a 28-year-old Somali man linked to the radical Islamist al-Shabab militia.
The house was supposed to be impenetrable. Kurt Westergaard had made more public appearance of late, came out of hiding last Spring, saying he wanted to defend freedom of expression. Danish Muslim groups have condemned the attack.
The cartoon in question featured Mohammed with a bomb-shaped turban. No i’m not reproducing it here. I like my door axe-free, thank you very much.
- DC Continues New Editions of Sandman for 30th Anniversary into 2019 - March 18, 2018
- Exclusive Relationships: J. Scott Campbell, Adi Granov, Dale Keown, Leinil Francis Yu and More - March 18, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 18th March 2018 – ‘And Now We Have A Horse Race’ as Marvel Steps Up - March 18, 2018
- Harley Quinn vs. Darkseid in Closer DC Continuity as Sam Humphries Writes Ongoing Series from #43 - March 17, 2018
- Comic Store In Your Future – Why I’m Hiring a New Employee - March 17, 2018