Kurt Westergaard, the Danish cartoonist whose work showing the Islamic prophet Mohammed caused international controversy, gaining a million dollar bounty on his head, was attacked by an axe-wielding assailant last night.
Hiding with his five year old granddaughter in his specially built panic room, installed after threats four years ago, police arrived and shot the intruder in the knee and shoulder. He is described as a 28-year-old Somali man linked to the radical Islamist al-Shabab militia.
The house was supposed to be impenetrable. Kurt Westergaard had made more public appearance of late, came out of hiding last Spring, saying he wanted to defend freedom of expression. Danish Muslim groups have condemned the attack.
The cartoon in question featured Mohammed with a bomb-shaped turban. No i’m not reproducing it here. I like my door axe-free, thank you very much.
- What Avengers: Endgame May Owe to Roy Thomas and Avengers #71 - December 10, 2018
- Canada’s The Comicshop to Close - December 10, 2018
- J Scott Campbell Published His Own Captain Marvel Covers - December 10, 2018
- Top 500 Comics and Graphic Novels Ordered in November 2018 - December 10, 2018
- Sarah Gordon is Going to Burn an Owl to Create Vicious Creatures Graphic Novel - December 10, 2018