Kurt Westergaard, the Danish cartoonist whose work showing the Islamic prophet Mohammed caused international controversy, gaining a million dollar bounty on his head, was attacked by an axe-wielding assailant last night.
Hiding with his five year old granddaughter in his specially built panic room, installed after threats four years ago, police arrived and shot the intruder in the knee and shoulder. He is described as a 28-year-old Somali man linked to the radical Islamist al-Shabab militia.
The house was supposed to be impenetrable. Kurt Westergaard had made more public appearance of late, came out of hiding last Spring, saying he wanted to defend freedom of expression. Danish Muslim groups have condemned the attack.
The cartoon in question featured Mohammed with a bomb-shaped turban. No i’m not reproducing it here. I like my door axe-free, thank you very much.
- A New Superman Comic From Dan DiDio and Shane Davis? - June 25, 2018
- Simone Bianchi to Create Marvel Masterpieces Trading Card for Upper Deck - June 25, 2018
- Everything Wrong With Benedict Cumberbatch as Dominic Cummings in Channel 4 ‘Take Control’ Brexit Drama Screenshot - June 25, 2018
- Hellboy on Front of San Diego Comic-Con 2018 Events Guide for 25th Anniversary - June 24, 2018
- A Barrage of Amazing Spider-Man #1 Covers for Volume 5 - June 24, 2018