He’s bald, he’s got two major sci-fi franchises under his belt and now the Queen has made if official, naming Patrick Stewart in her New Year’s Honours list to be knighted, Sir Patrick Stewart, for services to drama. He recently co-starred as Claudius alongside David Tennant in Hamlet , and has a long history with the Royal Shakespeare Company. Oh and Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek: The Next Generation, Charles Xavier in X-Men and of course a Russian general in Wild Geese II.
I don’t know if, like Sir Ben Kingsley, he’ll insist upon using it in credits. But I think he should. The correct address for Hollywood execs is “Sir Patrick” and leave it at that.
In further comic book patronage news, Anthea Bell, the astonishingly good translator/rewriter of the Asterix books into English gets an OBE (Officer of the order of the British Empire) awards and Lauren Child, creator of Lola & Charlie, gets an MBE (Member of the order of the British Empire).
No news on Alan Moore yet. Maybe next year…
- Gene Luen Yang Joins the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund Board of Directors - June 21, 2018
- X-23 Relaunch Tops Advance Reorders for Comic Stores - June 21, 2018
- Cosmic King Comic Store of Springfield, Missouri to Close - June 21, 2018
- House Of Comics, of Jacksonville, Florida, to Close at the End of the Month - June 21, 2018
- DC Solicited Brian Bendis and Alex Maleev’s Absolute Scarlet by Mistake? - June 21, 2018