He’s bald, he’s got two major sci-fi franchises under his belt and now the Queen has made if official, naming Patrick Stewart in her New Year’s Honours list to be knighted, Sir Patrick Stewart, for services to drama. He recently co-starred as Claudius alongside David Tennant in Hamlet , and has a long history with the Royal Shakespeare Company. Oh and Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek: The Next Generation, Charles Xavier in X-Men and of course a Russian general in Wild Geese II.
I don’t know if, like Sir Ben Kingsley, he’ll insist upon using it in credits. But I think he should. The correct address for Hollywood execs is “Sir Patrick” and leave it at that.
In further comic book patronage news, Anthea Bell, the astonishingly good translator/rewriter of the Asterix books into English gets an OBE (Officer of the order of the British Empire) awards and Lauren Child, creator of Lola & Charlie, gets an MBE (Member of the order of the British Empire).
No news on Alan Moore yet. Maybe next year…
- Marvel to Adapt Avengers: Infinity War Movie Into Comic Book - September 18, 2018
- Marvel’s Infinity Wars to Go On for Infinity Issues - September 18, 2018
- Marvel to Publish Star Wars Comics for Qui-Gon, Darth Maul, Jango Fett, Anakin Skywalker, Count Dooku, Padme Amidala and General Grevious - September 18, 2018
- Marvel Comics’ Full Solicitations for December 2018 – Defenders, X-Men, X-Force, X-Mas, Killmonger, Miles Morales and Age Of Star Wars - September 18, 2018
- Jesusfreak Graphic Novel by Joe Casey and Benjamin Marra From Image Comics in 2019 - September 18, 2018