Bleeding Cool was the first to tell you about the existence of misprinted examples of DC’s Blackest Night promotional items and name them Error Rings, where the symbol printed on the ring did not match its colour.
At the time such error rings started to sell for about $15. Then the success of the Blackest Night promotion really hit. The prices started to rocket.
A Blackest Night Error Ring, red colour but with a symbol from Agent Orange just sold on eBay for $103. While a Sapphire ring with an Orange logo on it went for $89. And a green ring with a sapphire logo went for $35, as did a yellow ring with a blue logo on it.
The hunt will be on for a full colour set of rings sharing the same logo, or one colour with all the logos on it.
And it might be worth checking your own rings to see if you’ve won the Error Rings lottery…
- Calexit: The Comic Book That Is Killing Steve Bannon - February 23, 2018
- Diamond Comics Launches Digital Pullbox System for Comic Shops and Their Customers - February 23, 2018
- As DC Comics Leaves, Diamond Previews Gets A Manga Section, and Toys Get the Back Cover - February 23, 2018
- Marvel Comics Bets the Farm on Donny Cates at ComicsPRO - February 23, 2018
- Cerebus Gives Us ‘Dates Of Future Past’ in May - February 23, 2018