This visual, Solstice Sol’jer by Larry Marder, looks into the heart of the Summertime cycle of Beanworld, which starts in the next all new graphic novel in Larry Marder’s Beanworld series from Dark Horse.
Beanworld is one of the greatest comic books ever published. It starts simply showing the life cycle of the Beans, characters who live in a small world and have evolved a way of hunting, feeding, playing and living – but a stability that is threatened by the turning tide of the season. It’s surface simplicity belies an astounding level of depth and sophistication. Published through the nineties, it went away with Eclipse Comics. And despite a few spurts in the likes of Asylum and a few mini-comics, Beanworld seemed lost to us.
Its recent hardcover revival and continuance with Beanworld Book Three from Dark Horse has probably given me more joy than the thought of new Gaiman/Buckingham Miracleman. If you call yourself a comics fan and have never read Beanworld, take my Christmas recommendation and track it down.
Larry Marder will reveal the title of the new book in his annual “State of the Beanworld” posting on New Year’s Day here.
- Dark Horse Comics Liquidates 48 Conan Collections - October 22, 2018
- Will Bunker Come to Titans TV Season 2? - October 22, 2018
- Warren Ellis Tells You What to Expect in Castlevania Season 2 From Netflix - October 22, 2018
- DC Comics’ Reboot of Books Of Magic This Week - October 22, 2018
- First Review: The Green Lantern #1 by Grant Morrison and Liam Sharp – From 2000AD to Preacher? - October 22, 2018