Oh you Americans. You get your Pixar films months before us Brits do. You got Bad Santa a whole year before we did. And Hamlet 2 didn’t even reach us, despite starring one of our leading comedy lights.
So forgive us poor misbegotten limeys if we revel in the fact that we get Kick Ass a full two weeks in April before you Americans.
The movie based on the Mark Millar/John Romita Jr creator owned comic for Marvel has been getting rave earlyreviews from everyone except Jeanette Winterson, and has building hype nicely in a very Mark Millaresque way. But despite the Americans expectations, the USA launch date is April 16th and the UK date is April 2nd.
That’s two weeks worth of spoilers to fill the net. And from what I hear the film does take divergences from the comic, so there’s plenty to spoil.
Still, the film is called Kick Ass instead of Kick Arse. Damn Americans, you win again.
- Kirby Comics Opens in Hanover, Pennsylvania, Makes the Front Page - January 20, 2018
- Al Ewing Has a “Most Awesome, Mind-Bending Miniseries Ever” Coming from Marvel Comics - January 20, 2018
- First Peek at Wild’s End Original Graphic Novel by Dan Abnett and INJ Culbard - January 20, 2018
- 28-Page Preview of Super Suckers #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 20, 2018
- A Chat with Travis McIntire, Publisher of Source Point Press - January 20, 2018