Oh you Americans. You get your Pixar films months before us Brits do. You got Bad Santa a whole year before we did. And Hamlet 2 didn’t even reach us, despite starring one of our leading comedy lights.
So forgive us poor misbegotten limeys if we revel in the fact that we get Kick Ass a full two weeks in April before you Americans.
The movie based on the Mark Millar/John Romita Jr creator owned comic for Marvel has been getting rave earlyreviews from everyone except Jeanette Winterson, and has building hype nicely in a very Mark Millaresque way. But despite the Americans expectations, the USA launch date is April 16th and the UK date is April 2nd.
That’s two weeks worth of spoilers to fill the net. And from what I hear the film does take divergences from the comic, so there’s plenty to spoil.
Still, the film is called Kick Ass instead of Kick Arse. Damn Americans, you win again.
- Eric Powell To Publish Brendon Small’s Galaktikon As A Comic Book - April 24, 2017
- Stan Lee Cameo In “Fresh Off The Boat” Just Before Free Comic Book Day And The Comic By Gene Luen Yang and Jorge Corona - April 24, 2017
- Chris Evans To Read A Superhero Bedtime Story On British TV Next Month - April 24, 2017
- People Are Adding “Nick Spencer Disclaimers” To Their Captain America T-Shirts - April 23, 2017
- Dark Matter Widens The Divide At DC Comics Between Dan DiDio And Geoff Johns - April 23, 2017