It seems some people on the West Coast have put two and two together and I have received repeated reports telling me earnestly that Mark Millar is to direct the movie version of Nemesis next year. Well, it looks like they’ve made five.
I’m reliably informed that Mark’s first directing gig is an original, non-comics property and he’s writing the screenplay now. This is most definitely not Nemesis and I’m told that no studio is even allowed to look at said new comic until Millar releases the material through Creative Artists Agency in February. Based on the success of Wanted and the current buzz around Kick-Ass, two studios have approached with blind offers, but word is Millar doesn’t even want to talk until the month before the Kick-Ass movie comes out and he can create a bidding frenzy.
It’s this kind of planning over the last few years that has marked him out as quite the canny Scot in this regard. And if Millar’s directing gig is a new original superhero, well, I guess that rules out Superman too… for now.
I was freelancing in an ad agency this week, while another team in the same building were working on Kick-Ass promotions. And they’d all seen it and loved it. Bastards.
- DC Comics April 2018 Catalog – Solicits From Action Comics #1000 to Splitting Batman In Two… - January 22, 2018
- DC Comics Cancels Trinity With #22 in April 2018 - January 22, 2018
- Will Marvel’s New Young Guns Move the Needle? - January 22, 2018
- 20 Previews of Free Comic Book Day 2018 Titles, from Barrier to Relay to 2000AD Reneged - January 22, 2018
- Frankensteining Marvel Comics Solicits for April 2018 - January 22, 2018