It seems some people on the West Coast have put two and two together and I have received repeated reports telling me earnestly that Mark Millar is to direct the movie version of Nemesis next year. Well, it looks like they’ve made five.
I’m reliably informed that Mark’s first directing gig is an original, non-comics property and he’s writing the screenplay now. This is most definitely not Nemesis and I’m told that no studio is even allowed to look at said new comic until Millar releases the material through Creative Artists Agency in February. Based on the success of Wanted and the current buzz around Kick-Ass, two studios have approached with blind offers, but word is Millar doesn’t even want to talk until the month before the Kick-Ass movie comes out and he can create a bidding frenzy.
It’s this kind of planning over the last few years that has marked him out as quite the canny Scot in this regard. And if Millar’s directing gig is a new original superhero, well, I guess that rules out Superman too… for now.
I was freelancing in an ad agency this week, while another team in the same building were working on Kick-Ass promotions. And they’d all seen it and loved it. Bastards.
- Who Watches The Watchmen? Geoff Johns Does, At San Diego Comic-Con With The First Panels Of ‘Doomsday Clock’ - July 20, 2017
- Watch Halle Berry Chug A Glass Of Whisky At San Diego Comic-Con’s ‘Kingsman’ Panel - July 20, 2017
- The Props Of Blade Runner At San Diego Comic-Con – With A Surprise Appearance From Adam Savage - July 20, 2017
- Steven Moffat And Sue Vertue Talk Sherlock Holmes And Manga At San Diego Comic-Con - July 20, 2017
- Jakks Pacific’s San Diego Comic-Con Panel In 61 Photos – Will We Get A Nightwing Toy Now? - July 20, 2017