It seems some people on the West Coast have put two and two together and I have received repeated reports telling me earnestly that Mark Millar is to direct the movie version of Nemesis next year. Well, it looks like they’ve made five.
I’m reliably informed that Mark’s first directing gig is an original, non-comics property and he’s writing the screenplay now. This is most definitely not Nemesis and I’m told that no studio is even allowed to look at said new comic until Millar releases the material through Creative Artists Agency in February. Based on the success of Wanted and the current buzz around Kick-Ass, two studios have approached with blind offers, but word is Millar doesn’t even want to talk until the month before the Kick-Ass movie comes out and he can create a bidding frenzy.
It’s this kind of planning over the last few years that has marked him out as quite the canny Scot in this regard. And if Millar’s directing gig is a new original superhero, well, I guess that rules out Superman too… for now.
I was freelancing in an ad agency this week, while another team in the same building were working on Kick-Ass promotions. And they’d all seen it and loved it. Bastards.
- Eddie Brock Gets Back In The Venom Suit In April… Ahead Of His Big Anniversary - January 23, 2017
- Tony S Daniel, On Leaving The Justice League For Now - January 23, 2017
- Star Wars Episode VIII Will Be Called…. The Last Jedi - January 23, 2017
- How Will Your Comic Store Celebrate Image Comics Day On February 1st? - January 23, 2017
- Walking Dead Co-Creator Tony Moore To Benefit Planned Parenthood With This Commemorative Trump Print - January 23, 2017