Originally a stealth comic, taking over the Incredible Hulk’s numbering first as a stunt, then as an ongoing series, the book has been a real breath of fresh air in Marvel’s publishing line, giving the Greek god a higher Marvel profile than he has enjoyed since… well.. ever. Funny, brash, bold and clever, it reminded me in part of what Walt Simonson did to Thor. It’s that good. Sadly sales figures haven’t entirely agreed.
This ending may also tie in with news I’ve heard of a two part funeral storyline starting in March related to the outcome of the current Assault on New Olympus. Which sounds terribly foreboding.
So is this the end? Will the character be relegated to Hulk flashbacks and backups?
Or can we expect a New Hercules series launching in the near future?
Marvel declined to comment. The bastards.
- ‘Bout Time … Deadpool Meets Gwenpool - January 22, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 22nd January 2017 – “I Ordered Really Low On Monsters Unleashed But It Wasn’t Low Enough” - January 22, 2017
- So Why Were DC Comics April 2017 Solicitations Delayed A Week Anyway? - January 22, 2017
- Warren Ellis, On Whether Nazis Should Be Punched In The Face, Or Not - January 22, 2017
- Lying In The Gutters – 22nd January 2017 – Supergirl Grabs Bleeding Cool By The Traffic - January 22, 2017