Originally a stealth comic, taking over the Incredible Hulk’s numbering first as a stunt, then as an ongoing series, the book has been a real breath of fresh air in Marvel’s publishing line, giving the Greek god a higher Marvel profile than he has enjoyed since… well.. ever. Funny, brash, bold and clever, it reminded me in part of what Walt Simonson did to Thor. It’s that good. Sadly sales figures haven’t entirely agreed.
This ending may also tie in with news I’ve heard of a two part funeral storyline starting in March related to the outcome of the current Assault on New Olympus. Which sounds terribly foreboding.
So is this the end? Will the character be relegated to Hulk flashbacks and backups?
Or can we expect a New Hercules series launching in the near future?
Marvel declined to comment. The bastards.
- 31 Shots Of Cosplay From C2E2 Day 2 From Neon Leia To A Full Galactus - April 22, 2017
- Legacy Numbering, Classic And Modern Characters, Value Stamps And The Return Of FOOM To Marvel Comics – What Were Bleeding Cool Scoops? - April 22, 2017
- Ten Thoughts About Doctor Who: Smile – It’s A Good Thirteenth Life - April 22, 2017
- Talking Hydra, Marvel, Nazis, Captain America On A Saturday Morning - April 22, 2017
- Heavy Metal Have Their Own Dark Matter To Launch This Weekend At C2E2 – And You Can Drink It - April 22, 2017