Tonight, Kevin O’Neill, artist of The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen and, indeed, the Tales Of The Green Lantern Corps story that caused a little fuss of late, will be in conversation with Paul Gravett at Islington Central Library tonight as part of ComICA.
Sadly I can’t make it, I’m looking after a house full of swine flu desperately hoping my famous immune system will keep it at bay. Do let me know how it goes.
And do ask him about the scene in another library across the pond, where a librarian tried to stop anyone taking out League, and then specifically targetted an eleven year old girl who asked to read it. And the librarians involved were then fired.
To be fair, I can understand the age restriction, but I took out lots of excellent-but-unsuitable material from the library as a child, where my mother actually worked – but the invasion of personal details by someone with the right access key, well, yes that’s an entirely different matter isn’t it?
Free, Islington Central Library, 2 Fieldway Crescent, London, 6pm to 8pm
- Life Is Strange #1 and Bloodshot: Rising Spirit #1 Go to Second Prints the Day Before Publishing - November 13, 2018
- The Conservative Councillor of Camden Who Paid Tribute to Stan Lee - November 13, 2018
- Talking to Kieron Gillen About Peter Cannon: Thunderbolt and DIE, With Wine and Cheese (VIDEO) - November 13, 2018
- Talking To – And About – Stan Lee - November 13, 2018
- Jonathan Ross, Correcting the BBC Over Stan Lee on Newsnight Last Night - November 13, 2018