Hey You Guys point up a new Britmanga-to-film project, Buskers.
Based on the just-published graphic novel, it will star Blur/Gorillaz’s Damon Albarn, Kevin Spacey, Mos Def and Ian Brown.
Buskers is the story of a successful banker brought low, under criminal investigation and a suicide attempt under his belt, who falls in with London’s busking scene. A more literal Neverwhere, perhaps.
Created by Gorillaz staffer Jeymes Samuel and Sean Michael Wilson, the film is being produced by Pilar Savone, associate producer on Inglorious Basterds, with music from London-based musical collective The BulliTTs, the production blog can be found here.
(Link via /Film UK)
- Tomorrow, Bill Sienkiewicz Pretends to Be Esad Ribic - November 20, 2018
- Aspen Teases the Return of Damsels In Excess in February 2019 Solicits - November 20, 2018
- Preview: Zoe Quinn and Robbi Rodriguez’ Goddess Mode - November 20, 2018
- So… How Are You Meant To Count Avengers Issue Numbers Now? - November 20, 2018
- Our First Look at Mark MIllar and Simone Bianchi’s Sharkey The Bounty Hunter for Netflix – With Covers From Frank Quitely and Matteo Scalera - November 20, 2018