Okay, we all know that the French like comics. They have the world’s biggest comic convention. They named comics The Ninth Art. And they have massive comics museums. Nice.
But even for France, this is a big one. This week the three biggest selling books in the country are all comics.
Naturally, the best selling book in France is L’anniversaire d’Astérix & Obélix : Le livre d’or (Asterix and Obelix’s Birthday: The Golden Book) by Albert Uderzo and the late René Goscinny. That was never going to be a stretch.
Up second is the new Naruto, vol. 44 by Masashi Kishimoto, translated into French. Yes, they like their manga, so they like their Naruto.
And third is Happy Sex by Zep. Because there’s nothing more the French like about comics is comics with sex in them. Especially from a creator better known for his children’s comics. Hell, they like sex in everything, football, air travel, tomato puree, why not comics as well. and if it wasn’t for the first two, this would be the best selling title in France.
Well, this at least gives Marvel and DC something to aim for.
- Comixology Bestseller List – 17th November 2018 – Mister Miracle at 1, Uncanny X-Men at 7… - November 17, 2018
- Ella, The All-Ages Graphic Novel On Kickstarter - November 17, 2018
- Comic Store In Your Future – To Be Is To Be Perceived - November 17, 2018
- The Daily LITG – 17th November 2018 – It’s Local Comic Shop Day - November 17, 2018
- Serious Allegations Made About the Last Days of Stan Lee - November 16, 2018