The new Skins-Meets-X-Men TV series from E4 launches next month.
Until then, here’s the very stylised trailer to tease you with a bunch of young crims stuck on community service, who get hit by some special kind of lightning and develop new powers. Basically its Superted.
But with sex, drugs and thieving, probably.
But what powers will these Misfits have? And where will we have seen those powers before?
I’m thinking Joyboy from Excalibur. Just slightly thinner. And less likely to ride around in a hovering chair.
Oh, and female. Nasty way to mess her opponents’ pants though.
Well, there’s a host of superhero telepaths, from Professor Xavier to Emma Frost to Jean Grey to Psylocke… bit of a standard here really. Bet she starts hetting headaches/nosebleeds as a result, I bet.
Previous exhibitors of this kind of power include Switchback off of X-Calibre, Hiro off of Heroes, Rachel in Days Of Future Past and Cher off of her vaguely successful hit “If I Could Turn Back Time”
Generally doesn’t get used as it can lead to nasty headache-inducing plots. To which anyone who read Doctor Who: A Room With A Deja View can attest.
Painfully shy nerd Simon (Iwan Rheon) can make himself invisible. I think we can ensure one locker room scene from that description alone.
Other proponents of the intangible-as-to-sight brigade include The Invisible Woman, Claude off of Heroes, Phantom Jack and me when I’m standing at a bar trying to get served.
More to come on this one, I’m sure… I hope to have more Misfits infornmation in a week or so.
- Ten Thoughts About Doctor Who Series 11 Episode 7, “Kerblam” - November 18, 2018
- Doctor Who Season 11 Episode 8: Alan Cummings Comes to “The Witchfinders” - November 18, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List 18th November 2018 – ‘Hard To Sell What We Do Not Get’ - November 18, 2018
- Penultimate Issue of Alan Moore and Kevin O’Neill’s Cinema Purgatorio in Avatar Press’ February 2019 Solicits - November 18, 2018
- AfterShock Comics Launches Stronghold. Oberon and a Hit Lunch Special in February 2019 Solicits - November 18, 2018