Legendary comic book creator Barry Windsor Smith has a new project. Persuading America of the case for a system of universal health care, and support for Barack Obama towards that aim. After seeing the very concept of Britain’s National Health Service being used by critics as a reason not to go down Barack Obama’s planned policies, he wrote on his website;
It didn’t go well. Windsor Smith, even with chequebook in hand, couldn’t get the treatment he needed without the right insurance. His doctor told him to get back to Britain quickly, where he was seen to at the London Hospital, and treated for malignant lymphoma.
Barry then gives a list of comics that wouldn’t have existed without his care by the NHS.
- What Happened To Everyone In Love Actually, Revealed With Screencaps - March 24, 2017
- US Senators Want To Know Ike Perlmutter’s Comings And Goings - March 24, 2017
- Peter Kaye’s Car Share Series 2 Debuts At UK Cinemas Next Friday For Comic Relief - March 24, 2017
- A Few Comic Book Exclusives For WonderCon 2017… - March 24, 2017
- San Diego Comic Con To Open A Comics Museum In San Diego, In 2018 - March 24, 2017