Legendary comic book creator Barry Windsor Smith has a new project. Persuading America of the case for a system of universal health care, and support for Barack Obama towards that aim. After seeing the very concept of Britain’s National Health Service being used by critics as a reason not to go down Barack Obama’s planned policies, he wrote on his website;
It didn’t go well. Windsor Smith, even with chequebook in hand, couldn’t get the treatment he needed without the right insurance. His doctor told him to get back to Britain quickly, where he was seen to at the London Hospital, and treated for malignant lymphoma.
Barry then gives a list of comics that wouldn’t have existed without his care by the NHS.
- How Mike Baron Channelled Bruce Lee, Paul Gulacy And Jim Steranko For Q-Ball – Thanks To Barry McClain - November 20, 2017
- Alex De Campi’s Weekly Twisted Romance Anthology For February From Image Comics - November 20, 2017
- What Will Loot Crate Be Giving You For Christmas? And What Will You Be Giving Everyone Else? EXPLORE And STAR WARS - November 20, 2017
- Over 70 Cosplay Shots From Anime NYC In New York City (Hence The Name) This Weekend - November 20, 2017
- Simon Myers Looks To The Future With Doctor Who Comics Original Art On eBay - November 20, 2017