Legendary comic book creator Barry Windsor Smith has a new project. Persuading America of the case for a system of universal health care, and support for Barack Obama towards that aim. After seeing the very concept of Britain’s National Health Service being used by critics as a reason not to go down Barack Obama’s planned policies, he wrote on his website;
It didn’t go well. Windsor Smith, even with chequebook in hand, couldn’t get the treatment he needed without the right insurance. His doctor told him to get back to Britain quickly, where he was seen to at the London Hospital, and treated for malignant lymphoma.
Barry then gives a list of comics that wouldn’t have existed without his care by the NHS.
- Suicide Squad Has A Brand New Leader. But Amanda Waller Is Going To Make You Wait. - June 28, 2017
- DC Comics Allows Dark Nights: Metal #1 To Go On Sale From Midnight On Tuesday, August 15th - June 28, 2017
- Batman #24 Goes To Fourth Print For Marriage Proposal. #25 Goes To Second Print - June 28, 2017
- Preview Of Shirtless Bear-Fighter #2 Brings You… The Hillbilly Warlock - June 28, 2017
- So This Is Why They Call It “The Mount” – Sex Lives Of The Superheroes In Occupy Avengers #8 - June 28, 2017