This afternoon, Jim Lee told his Wizard World Big Apple Comic Con audience that the Wildstorm games license Gears Of War #1 was the best selling US comic book 2008, though he wouldn’t give the numbers…
DC gained a small reputation for not exactly talking up the sales achievements of these titles as Gears Of War is understood to have sold through less traditional outlets such as games companies and games retailers. It may not have had the industry profile of, say Final Crisis.
But as of today it’s official. It sold more. A lot more.
- Entering The Spill Zone With Scott Westerfeld Ahead Of Free Comic Book Day - April 29, 2017
- Ten Thoughts About Doctor Who: On Thin Ice – From Black Jesus To Punching Nazis - April 29, 2017
- Comic Creators At Ru Paul’s Drag Con, In Los Angeles This Weekend - April 29, 2017
- Separated At Birth – Moonstruck And Brave Chef Brianna? - April 29, 2017
- No, Calgary, Wonder Woman Isn’t Published By Marvel Comics… - April 29, 2017