Division and Rush is Todd Allen and Scott Beaderstadt’s new online comic being serialised at Chicago Now, a Chicago Tribune website. Todd has been a comics commentor and consultant specialising in digital content. So this is a chance for him to put his money where is mouth is. And Scott is probably best known for his work on Trollords.
The comic is a dark satire of cops and robbers antics in Chicago. Using the “satisfying chunk” theory, Todd Allen tells me that every Wednesday they will post twelve comic strips, the equivalent of five comic book pages, and tell the story in book-sized chapters.
The initial arc will run sixteen weeks and concerns a man acquitted of murdering his wives who was acquitted and has started running “How Murderers Get Caught” seminars, not wholly dissimilar from the Donald Trump Real Estate seminars or a Tony Robbins seminar. This is a satire of the Chicago-based Drew Peterson murder case and will reflect elements of that case in the current news cycle – something impossible to do in a comparative fashion in print comic books.
Something tells me it might be about to cause a little trouble…
Scott Beaderstadt wil attend the Baltimore Comic Con this weekend.
- Eddie Brock Gets Back In The Venom Suit In April… Ahead Of His Big Anniversary - January 23, 2017
- Tony S Daniel, On Leaving The Justice League For Now - January 23, 2017
- Star Wars Episode VIII Will Be Called…. The Last Jedi - January 23, 2017
- How Will Your Comic Store Celebrate Image Comics Day On February 1st? - January 23, 2017
- Walking Dead Co-Creator Tony Moore To Benefit Planned Parenthood With This Commemorative Trump Print - January 23, 2017