Division and Rush is Todd Allen and Scott Beaderstadt’s new online comic being serialised at Chicago Now, a Chicago Tribune website. Todd has been a comics commentor and consultant specialising in digital content. So this is a chance for him to put his money where is mouth is. And Scott is probably best known for his work on Trollords.
The comic is a dark satire of cops and robbers antics in Chicago. Using the “satisfying chunk” theory, Todd Allen tells me that every Wednesday they will post twelve comic strips, the equivalent of five comic book pages, and tell the story in book-sized chapters.
The initial arc will run sixteen weeks and concerns a man acquitted of murdering his wives who was acquitted and has started running “How Murderers Get Caught” seminars, not wholly dissimilar from the Donald Trump Real Estate seminars or a Tony Robbins seminar. This is a satire of the Chicago-based Drew Peterson murder case and will reflect elements of that case in the current news cycle – something impossible to do in a comparative fashion in print comic books.
Something tells me it might be about to cause a little trouble…
Scott Beaderstadt wil attend the Baltimore Comic Con this weekend.
- 31 Shots Of Cosplay From C2E2 Day 2 From Neon Leia To A Full Galactus - April 22, 2017
- Legacy Numbering, Classic And Modern Characters, Value Stamps And The Return Of FOOM To Marvel Comics – What Were Bleeding Cool Scoops? - April 22, 2017
- Ten Thoughts About Doctor Who: Smile – It’s A Good Thirteenth Life - April 22, 2017
- Talking Hydra, Marvel, Nazis, Captain America On A Saturday Morning - April 22, 2017
- Heavy Metal Have Their Own Dark Matter To Launch This Weekend At C2E2 – And You Can Drink It - April 22, 2017