As the countdown to the launch of Cerebus TV gets closer and closer, the details are firming up.
Jim Steranko and Dave Sim are working on a jointly owned production (as all material on Cerebus TV will be) in which they discuss the work of Mort Meskin, Joe Kubert, Reed Crandall, Carmine Infantino and Jack Kirby. This five part series will start with Jack Kirby and each episode will be as long as it needs to be.
Dave Sim is also lining up a series, Tomb Of Dracula: Portrait Of A Photorealism Masterpiece, in which he interviewing Marv Wolfman, Gene Colan and hopefully Tom Palmer, Roy Thomas, Gerry Conway and more to come.
Sim tells me;
the Preview reel is coming together, one clip at a time, which will hopefuilly give people an idea of what Cerebus TV is going to be all about… with a few laughs mixed in. Hey, if has Cerebus in the name, there has to be a few laughs, right?
Absolutely. I still think about “Ferry Titz” and laugh most days. Dave seems to be having a lot of fun with Cerebus TV and tells me that he’s also managed to make a start on Glamourpuss #12 ahead of schedule – which reminds me, I have Glamourpuss #9 sitting by my desk waiting for me, which will not do…
Dave Sim signs off with the following reminder;
Good call. Happy birthday Alex…
- Supergirl Season 4 to Debut TV’s First Transgender Superhero, Dreamer - July 21, 2018
- Preview: Shuri #1 from Marvel’s Next Big Thing Panel at SDCC - July 21, 2018
- The New Fantastic Four Big Bad Is… The Griever - July 21, 2018
- ComicsPRO Retailers React to Batman #50 Returnability - July 21, 2018
- Seth MacFarlane and Brannon Braga Making Books of Blood, a Clive Barker Horror Anthology TV Series for Hulu - July 21, 2018