Tyrese Gibson has been talking to CNN about his experience withe the Mayhem comic book from Image, and his decision to take it onto the iTunes online distribution model.
“There was an experience that I felt was pretty limiting as far as the comic book experience itself on paper,” says Gibson, who stresses that he did not grow up reading comic books and is not a comic book veteran. “[So] I set up this technology with my team and this is the first-ever digital comic book [on iTunes] in the history of comic books.”
“I dealt with a lot of that from certain folks in the comic book world. … They wrote these long e-mails and [started] on a smear campaign.”
Translation: Those Evil Retailers conspired against me, deliberatly refusing to sell my comic to people even when they had copies available. Oh also, I am not a geek! I am not! You see me reading a comic? No way!
A large classic comics collection has been unearthed in Newcastle-Upon-Tyne, the city in which I went to university. As part of a house clearance for a man called Tom, the collection was unearthed along with original art from the likes of Irwin Hasen and correspondence with American creators such as Dick Ayers. An auction is being held this week… and this is a photo of the house clearer, clearly damaging the stock! Come on man, those are Byrne X-Men you’re lying on.
This fate awaits us all you know…
The New York Daily News covers Dolltopia, the kind of crudely drawn comic that rarely fares well in comic stores next to the slick-silk-stylings of Jim Lee, but do have a tendency to get all sorts of media interest down to the content. In this case, exploring extremes of modern society as fostered upon dolls and action figures. Crfeator Abby Denson will be signing at her local comic shop Rocketship in Brooklyn tonight, before going on a small cross-countries tour, via The Beguiling, Comicopia, Casablanca Comics, Revolution and more. She’ll be coming back to New York later in the month for a signing at the Wonderland Beauty Salon. Which may well be that salon’s first comic book signing ever… find a preview of the comic here.
- Brian Wood and Jorge Coelho’s Robocop: Citizens Arrest Looks to Explore Social Justice - January 17, 2018
- Ludocrats from Kieron Gillen, David Lafuente, and Jim Rossignol is Coming Soon, Honest - January 17, 2018
- Now Glénat to Publish Conan Comics, as It’s All Public Domain in Europe - January 17, 2018
- All of DC Comics Reboots Are Still Happening, Even Elongated Man’s Identity Crisis Face (Super Sons #12 Spoilers) - January 17, 2018
- Is Avengers: No Surrender a Flipped Version of Marvel Super-Heroes Secret Wars? (Avengers #676 Spoilers) - January 17, 2018