Wowio, the digital publisher with a massive comic book line has had a problem. The money it used to compensate publishers for each download of their comics came from venture capital rather than advertising. And when it dried up, not only did income levels fall, Wowio were unable to meet their debts for the second quarter of 2008. And when Platinum bought Wowio, the debt was still not paid, only the reduced payments on current downloads reached publishers. Platinum and Wowio parted ways. And while further funding was sought, there was no sign of paying past debts being a part of that arrangement.
Until now. Brian Altounian, CEO of Wowio, has just emailed all publishers that payments will start from today, with a priority for continuing publishers with Wowio. And that all publishers will be paid by November 15th.
It’s a remarkable turnaround that many thought they’d never see. Publishers who had pulled work as a result of missing payments are being courted to return.
Maybe this kind of thing could catch on.
- DC Comics Confirms Bats Out Of Hell Crossover With November Solicits Sneak-Peek - August 18, 2017
- Exclusive! The Long Beach Comic Con 2017 Panels And Programming Schedule - August 18, 2017
- J Scott Campbell’s Exclusive Retailer Variant For Marvel Legacy #1 – The Pencil Sketch - August 18, 2017
- Stanley “Artgerm” Lau Grabs Them By The Variant Cover? - August 18, 2017
- Sam Humphries Leaves Green Lanterns For Something New As Tim Seeley Takes Over - August 18, 2017