Congratulations to Jim Lee and Carla Michelle… will the mini-comic book wedding programme become a major collectable?
Sadly the man himself has nothing to do with this website – www.jimleeforcongress.com
Enigma, the DC/Vertigo comic book by Peter Milligan and Duncan Fegredo is claimed as the first superhero comic book with gay protagonists. And, as reported, it was originally created for Disney’s Touchmark imprint under Art Young, before the Disney implosion caused the line to be cancelled. And it’s cited as evidence that Disney are far more supportive of progressive comics than some may expect, and to allay fears for Marvel’s future. What isn’t so commonly known was the emergency standby plan devised by Milligan and Young if Disney had baulked at the relationship between the Enigma and Michael Smith, a swift unmasking would have shown Enigma to have been a woman, albeit a rather unattractive one…
Things I’d have liked to have bought – Terry Gilliam’s slides of his Monty Python animated work, created for a Monty Python board game.
Steve Lieber (Whiteout) will be signing at Earth2 in Sherman Oaks this Thursday – the day after the Whiteout movie premieres in the USA. He’ll be signing Whiteout and promoting his new book Underground.
The seven reprint British comic books being given away each day with The Guardian and The Observer next week. Some that exist – and some that no longer do. The Beano, Roy Of The Rovers, Jackie, Dandy, Tammy and Whizzer & Chips…
Local press is always the nicest to get – the Edmonton Sun covers Cowboys & Aliens, co-written by local boy Andrew Foley. As well as mentioning a previously unknown project, possibly for DC Comics, Absolute Magnitude by Robert Burke Richardson and Kuen Tang.
- Are We Getting an Original Unity Omnibus from Valiant Entertainment? - January 21, 2018
- 24-Page Preview of Z-People #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 21, 2018
- More from Glenat’s Conan the Barbarian Series Starting This Year - January 21, 2018
- Hannah Blumenreich’s Official Free Comic Book Day 2018 Poster - January 21, 2018
- Jeepers Creepers by Marc Andreyko and Kewber Baal, from Dynamite in April - January 21, 2018