I’m getting repeated reports of more redundancies at McFarlane Toys. I’m told that a number of people have gone from accounting, including the department controller. Names like Rob Kern, Mike Sandoval, Joey Frystl, Matt Connelly, Patty Deutsch and Michelle Campbell are dropped as being, well, dropped. The Sales department is down to two salespeople and one administrator. PR/Marketing now consists of just Carmen Bryant, and Christine Finch is only employee in Licensing now, with an intern performing as brand manager. Human Resources is down to one too. Well, less humans to resource I suppose. The company has been going through several rough patches, it looks like the patches are becoming the norm…
Matt Fraction gets profiled in the LA Times saying;
There’s a difference with written versus spoken dialogue. In a game, a lot of it is spoken. So I end up talking to myself a lot to hear how my lines sound. I have to find an artful way to explain everything the gamer needs to know without making it so unengaging that they just skip through the dialogue, which is what a lot of gamers do.
CNN profiles Dragon Con, noting;
“At first I thought it was really strange,” Hokiesfan Emily Nardone of Ashburn, Virginia, said. “But now I see everybody’s having so much fun. And I enjoy looking at the freaks.”
And Lenny Henry travels the country looking for comics.
- Dark Horse Comics Solicitations for March 2019 Includes Invisible Kingdom, Hellboy: The Art of the Motion Picture and the Elfen Lied Omnibus - December 18, 2018
- Ibrahim Moustafa Joins Jeff Parker on James Bond: Origin - December 18, 2018
- Brian Ruckley to Reboot Transformers for IDW, Twice-Monthly in March 2019 - December 18, 2018
- The Roy/Neal War Continues On Bleeding Cool - December 18, 2018
- Marvel Comics March 2019 Solicitations in Full - December 18, 2018